Steven Segal commercial

Started by MacGuffin, April 10, 2004, 11:41:00 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

i feel like less of a person for watching that.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

picolas

Quote from: El Duderinoi feel like less of a person for watching that.
Explain.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

mogwai

El Duderino

Quote from: picolas
Explain.

i just hate Steven Segal.

Quote from: Pubrickthe directing was good

:lol:  :lol:

molly

Pas

Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: picolas
Explain.

i just hate Steven Segal.

Quote from: Pubrickthe directing was good

:lol:  :lol:

I tought it was a very funny ad, especially the "Yeah I can't believe it's me either" line. I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Gold Trumpet

Under Seige 2: Dark Territory is a personal fave. Dialogue doesn't get better than:

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

"Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups."

I've seen all the early Segal films and loved them. I've only seen half of his later ones. There's something about a man I consider a BAMF (Bad Ass Mother Fucker) having a very large gut that just doesn't work.

Weak2ndAct

I'm surprised that after all the bad movies, and a career colder than the stool of an iditerod huskie (sorry, channeling 'Triumph' there for a moment), that people still seek out Seagal's films.  I see it every day at work.  Just plain baffling.

mogwai

when is that honorary award coming up?

El Duderino

STEVEN SEAGAL IS... OUT FOR LAUGHS??
Source: Variety

Steven Seagal has signed a deal with Fox Searchlight and producers David Zucker and Gil Netter to develop a comedy starring vehicle directed by Zucker, who helmed "Scary Movie 3."
The deal is a result of Seagal's promising performance in a supporting role in "The Onion Movie," the Searchlight/Regency comedy Zucker and Netter produced, named for the satirical newspaper.

The pic, opening in November, is a series of sketches in the vein of "Kentucky Fried Movie," which Zucker wrote with his brother Jerry and Jim Abrahams. Seagal parodies his tough guy image and becomes an interconnecting character in the sketches.

Seagal, recently featured in a Mountain Dew commercial that lampooned his macho martial artist image, is serious about a second career in comedy.

Zucker said Seagal reminded him of Leslie Nielsen, who had a long career in straight drama before his deadpan comic potential was put on display in the Zucker-directed "Airplane!"

"For a transformation like this, the fewer comedy credentials the better. Steven has zero comedy credibility, which makes him perfect for us-- Seagal has shown the prerequisite willingness to check his vanity at the door" Zucker said. "Steven gets the joke, he knows he is making fun of himself."

"For this to work, you've got to put yourself on the line and risk diving into an empty swimming pool. Leslie trusted that the jokes would work, and Steven has shown he can do the same thing. He doesn't have to be funny. He just has to be himself in a funny setting."

coffeebeetle

As hard as I try, I just can't imagine Seagal beating Leslie at comedy.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

pete

you've never seen under siege 2?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sigur Rós