font paul uses?

Started by Lance, March 11, 2003, 08:58:06 AM

Lance

hey, i'm about to work on a script, and just wondered what font pta uses on his. I know this has been brought up before, but please let me know.
thanks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Silver Bullet

Oh, come on, you've got to be joking? Surely if you are going to write you just want to write, right? What does it matter if you use the same font as Paul Thomas Anderson? Honestly. One good reason?
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

finlayr

Quote from: Lancehey, i'm about to work on a script, and just wondered what font pta uses on his. I know this has been brought up before, but please let me know.
thanks

Hey, yeah PTA uses COURIER 12-SIZED FONT (could be 'COURIER FINAL DRAFT' if he uses software).  this is the font that ALL screenplays are written in--it's easiest on the eyes.  e-mail me if you wish for a PTA chat or a film geek-out or whatever..  finlayr@indigo.ie
Filmmaker

chainsmoking insomniac

Hey Bullet, don't you think it's a good idea to know what font is easiest to read on a script?

I do. And it's not just PTA that uses this 12 point Courier, it's industry.  So don't knock it :)
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

The Silver Bullet

QuoteHey Bullet, don't you think it's a good idea to know what font is easiest to read on a script?

Yes. But that wasn't his question, was it? If he had asked, "Hey, what's the industry standard for font and size?" I'd be fine with that. I'm not knocking industry standards. I'm knocking wanting to know specifically what font PTA writes with. "Why do you wanna know that? So you can write an ensemble piece?"
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

©brad

imagine how much bigger pta's ego would get if he read some of these threads; "what font does paul use?" "pta's toothpaste of choice?" "does pta use starch in his laundry?"

Pedro

Quote from: cbrad4dimagine how much bigger pta's ego would get if he read some of these threads; "what font does paul use?" "pta's toothpaste of choice?" "does pta use starch in his laundry?"

Courier. Colgate. No.

sphinx

Quote from: cbrad4dimagine how much bigger pta's ego would get if he read some of these threads; "what font does paul use?" "pta's toothpaste of choice?" "does pta use starch in his laundry?"

you don't need to use those words

Jake_82

I drink the same water Paul was drinking on the Magnolia documentary  8)
your reality is at the end of your dream

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Jake_82I drink the same water Paul was drinking on the Magnolia documentary  8)

EVIAN RULES!