party, party...

Started by aclockworkjj, November 24, 2003, 05:59:03 PM

aclockworkjj

what kinda music would you normally not listen to, but love in a party environment?  maybe a club?  maybe just shootin' pool?  maybe just a few friends gettin' hammered on a tuesday night? maybe playin' chess with some moutain dew and nilla waffers? a party, i dunno, you define it.    

music is usually there, and even the lamest can be fun at the right time.  

my pick:

99 red balloons (i know, i know...)

aclockworkjj

ok...this place is fuckin' dead....seriously.

here.

classical gas

i can't help out, cause i don't like clubs, or many party's for that matter.
playing pool is cool though; i'll go with something slow, drinking music; actually, i don't know what would qualify as drinking music...sorry...

freakerdude

man, i ain't goin a nowhere that their a playin that dang Lynyrd Skynyrd
MC Pee Pants

russiasusha

I went to a lacross game really drunk once.  They kept on playing that "I don't want to go to work" song after the home team scored.  It's a horrible song, but that night it was one of the greatest songs ever.
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

aclockworkjj

Yeah...keep on rocking in the free world.

Rudie Obias

well i'm making a mix tape right now and it's called "rudie's indie rock dance party (bang!)"  the music on here is what djs spin at the clubs where i go, mostly indie rock club scene things.  here's the tracklisting:

the strokes - barely legal
peaches - fuck the pain away
the postal service - such great heights
the cure - boys don't cry
a flock of segulls - i ran
interpol - say hello to the angels
ladytron - discotraxx
outkast - hey ya
the white stripes - fell in love with a girl
ima robot - dynomite
the faint - glass danse world
le tigre - deceptacon
blondie - call me
pulp - common people
hot hot heat - no, not now
the smiths - this charming man
the dandy warhols - bohemain like you
the pixies - debaser
michael jackson - p.y.t.
the clash - train in vain
human league - don't you want me
blur - girls and boys

btw, i'm an indie rock club kid...... (i'm lame)
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

aclockworkjj

Quote from: rudieob"rudie's indie rock dance party (bang!)"  
haha....that rules, i want a copy.   :lol:

NEON MERCURY

a techno version of su-su-suddio...

Pedro

it's all about the daler mehndi

meatwad

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobAndrew WK all the way!

Andrew W.K is the best party music, without a question.

I also like to listen to 311 when i'm drinking. I don't know why, it just always feels really good

***beady***

Hmm, theres something about Andrew Wk which I find incredibly grose. i dunno what...maybe his really dirty t'shirt, and greasy hair....
I would have playing...
Kings of Leon,
(old) Incubus
The White Stripes
Darkness
The Strokes
Sean Paul
Missy Elliot

Umm, and a bunch of others, which I'll no doubt think of when I'm lying in bed.

Stefen

When I have people at my house I normally throw on some fun punk, like the ramones or fugazi, some Del Tha Funkee Homosapien always seems to be enjoyed, at the drive ins relationship of command is a good album to let play. Some good chill music is Bjork, or Portishead, maybe some Moody Blues or King Crimson.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Witkacy

Rubieob... you've got some serious electroklash shit going on.... what's your your hook up in LA...