another list-500 greatest albums

Started by classical gas, November 24, 2003, 12:24:58 AM

European Son

The highlight for me was seeing London Calling in the top ten. Damn straight. Usually that album is relegated to #25-ish status on these lists.

And yes, Nevermind deserves to be #17. That album has already been canonized, Cobain haters (or should I say Cobain not giving enough credit-ers). Get used to it.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: European Son

And yes, Nevermind deserves to be #17.

not based on musicianship... but rather a movement that other bands PERFECTED...

European Son

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: European Son

And yes, Nevermind deserves to be #17.

not based on musicianship... but rather a movement that other bands PERFECTED...
Musicianship (technics), no. Songwriting, yes. Kurt Cobain was a sub par musician, obviously. But he was a master songwriter. Somehow, I have a feeling that I am going to be defending this album for the rest of my life. Some people just don't agree with letting it slip into the library to join Sgt Peppers, Blonde on Blonde, Exile on Main St., etc. Oh well, I've defended Nevermind so many times by now that I'm used to sticking up for it.

BTW, what was with OK Computer being placed in the mid 100's? WTF?? That's totally inexcusable. How can it not make at least the top 50?

NEON MERCURY

..in the end i agree w/ your assesment of nirvana....
its just when they are on a list the bookends them with beatles ..dylan, etc..
you cant help but   :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: the whole time ......

but as for ok computer..is believe it should be higher.....but the thing w/the bends IMO.is that comparing both cds. the bends (song for song is perfect)..there is nnot a single song on that cd i skip.....

as for ok com.   there are one or two.......BUT THE WHOLE THING IS STILL DAMN INCREDIBLE.....

SHAFTR

Quote from: NEON MERCURY..in the end i agree w/ your assesment of nirvana....
its just when they are on a list the bookends them with beatles ..dylan, etc..
you cant help but   :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: the whole time ......

but as for ok computer..is believe it should be higher.....but the thing w/the bends IMO.is that comparing both cds. the bends (song for song is perfect)..there is nnot a single song on that cd i skip.....

as for ok com.   there are one or two.......BUT THE WHOLE THING IS STILL DAMN INCREDIBLE.....

I give OK Computer the edge b/c it is best as a free flowing album, no skipping, no random order.  The Bends is more of a collection of great singles.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"