Some of my best concerts!

Started by Sigur Rós, June 23, 2003, 04:04:26 PM

phil marlowe

i don't know if anything will ever top the experience of massive attack live. the bad seeds were incredible too, best band performance i've ever witnessed.

rustinglass

I went to the cardigans' gig last night. I'm not a big cardigans fan but it was awesome. down by the sea, with that sea air, mixed with sweat and spilled liquor all over; they had a great setting, fancy tapestries and chandellers and shit, one of the best shows i've been to, but small though, just one and a half hours, around that.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

frylock

radiohead under a big top - 2000
sigur ros - 2002, 2003
godspeed you ! black emperor - 2002
mogwai - 2003

rustinglass

I like your avatar very much, Monkey Island rules!!
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Vile5

:cry:  oh fuck! there are not those gigs in Peru! and i want to die when i read your posts, well the next week will come Alanis Morissette and anyone can believe it, and my last good gig was Fito Paez an argentinian singer, one of my favorites by the way, but i dream one day i will go to a gig of Blur, U2, Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Bjork, or Sting and many many others ohhhhh i'm kepping dreamming... :(
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Vile5:cry:  oh fuck!
whoa da mouth on her!  haha, Vile you been watchin' too much Married with Children!

my fav gig....Paul Simon, hands down.  I used to live for nothing but concerts, and have seen a ton, he still is the best.

Bud_Clay

The best &, so far, only concert i've been to was Bjork at the Hollywood Bowl a few weeks ago...August 11th.  It was an unbelievable event.  The Icelandic Orchestra even played with her..it was just so explosive & she fucking went crazy and jumped around flames on stage.  She has the most energetic movements and styles while performing.  What an absolute cute cute girl she is.  Matthew Barney makes me jealous.  So fucking jealous to be exact.

Vile5

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: Vile5:cry:  oh fuck!
whoa da mouth on her!  haha, Vile you been watchin' too much Married with Children!
jesus man! let me use the only word i can write in english without grammatical mistakes  :wink:

***beady***

Offspring 96' (ok)
NOFX 99' (cool)
Less than Jake 99' (v.good)
Rancid 99' (scary in the middle)
Chemical Brothers 99' (fantastic)
Blur 99' (ok)
Beth Orton 99' (ok)
Fat boy slim 2002 (quite dangerous on the beach)
Bon Jovi 2003 (.....!!!!!....)

I'm going to sterophonics this christmas because my friend wanted to see them. And I think your all going to flame me for this, umm, I'm going to see Justin Timberlake in January, but I don't care if you do flame me.

Sleuth

Honestly, I'd rather flame you for Bon Jovi

but I won't
I like to hug dogs

***beady***

well, yeah ok, but he put on a really good show. They played at hyde Park in London, is was a beautiful hot summer day, with beer tents everywhere. They played for 3 hours solid, and they had the singer from the Kinks come up and they sang 'Lola' together. Ray Davies? Is that his name? Anyway, they kept coming back for more songs, and I think in the end they played for 3-4 hours. It was dark by then. So they had a really wicked firework display at the end for 45mins!!!!! Really good fireworks, which did all the swirly stuff and colours within colours. I had a really good day/night. I love fireworks.

Vile5

Quote from: ***beady***I'm going to see Justin Timberlake in January

Justin Timberlake?????? :?  jesus! you're so brave to say that on this board, respect...

***beady***

I'm only brave enough to say it, because I don't give a s**t what people think. Gets me into trouble sometimes, but it's just how I like it.

Aphex Twin ( I bow down)

Jeremy Blackman

pete

http://www.redeyeusa.com/artistTourDates.asp?artistId=888

if you live in any of these states and are free on those dates, please, do yourself a favor and check this guy out.  he's so good.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton