Favorite soundtrack moment in Kill Bill?

Started by brockly, October 19, 2003, 05:37:39 AM

brockly

Just curious on everyone's opinion.

I think mine was probably "Twisted Nerve" in the hospital, the tune Elle begins whistling when she's walking down the corridor, then it suddenly becomes part of the soundtrack. That was great!

Finn

I really love the opening with Bang Bang playing!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Jeremy Blackman

I love the siren music that happens (several times) when Uma gets thinking.

coffeebeetle

"Battle w/o Honor or Dignity (?)" after The Bride pulls away from the lawyer's car right before the gigantic battle.....
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

neatahwanta

The drums in the anime sequence when O-Ren is 20 years old, on the roof, dressed in a red body suit, and ready to assasinate the diplomat.

Also, all of the 5,6,7,8's stuff...totally fit.

edison

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI love the siren music that happens (several times) when Uma gets thinking.

Me too

Alethia

Quote from: EEz28
Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI love the siren music that happens (several times) when Uma gets thinking.

Me too

me three.  quincy jones was it not?

MacGuffin

Quote from: ewardquincy jones was it not?

Yes, it's the theme from "Ironside". My mom was a fan of that show. It was Raymond Burr as a detective in a wheelchair.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

Alethia

ahh yes, battle without honor or humanity.  very nice.

bonanzataz

i have said several times that my favorite part of the movie was with the 5678's. how did quentin ever find them? i'll bet you he saw them while travelling to japan, ala PTA and the ladies k.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

brockly

Quote from: bonanzatazi have said several times that my favorite part of the movie was with the 5678's. how did quentin ever find them? i'll bet you he saw them while travelling to japan, ala PTA and the ladies k.

On the Triple J interview in Australia, the best and funniest Tarantino interview i EVER heard, he discussed how he saw them performing in a bar. he went up to the ber tender and asked if they had their cd, they did. the bar tender told him to go to the warehouse down the road and buy one but he was about to leave japan at that very moment and wasn't coming back for 4 months, and asked if he could buy theirs. after calling the manager and shit, he got a deal. if it weren't for that, tarantino says, we wouldn't have seen the 5.6.7.8's in Kill Bill. But because he bought the cd, he spent the next 4 months listening to the songs over and over again and ended up writing that cool part for them in the film. He also said he was looking at the cover and the "chicks looked fucking hot", and he was on the air live. funny shit.

edison

Quote from: Brock Landerstarantino says, we wouldn't have seen the 5.6.7.8's in Kill Bill.

its not like they had a huge part or anything, but yeah, i understand that we would not have heard their music, thats what he should have said. How many of you searched for their music to download since seeing them in the film?

bonanzataz

what's the name of the song not on the soundtrack? the one in the movie that's not woo hoo. how does it go?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Derek

Frank Mills' Music Box Dancer. It plays faintly in the background when Uma arrives at Vivica's house. I grew up with it.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.