Django Unchained

Started by MacGuffin, March 27, 2011, 10:14:40 PM

Pas

My pick would be MC Jean Gab'1 (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=MC+Jean+Gab%271&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi)

he's a good african actor who can play bad ass. He'd also have the accent of an african slave because he's african.

Jeremy Blackman

I'm resisting reading this (so far).

Reel

I dove right in, I didn't want to read the Basterds script before I saw it because I thought it would be stale and didn't want to ruin any surprises. This is a really good read, but I might have to ease off it a bit toward the end so as not to spoil anything.

Quote from: Pas on May 04, 2011, 06:02:57 PM
My pick would be MC Jean Gab'1 (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=MC+Jean+Gab%271&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi)

he's a good african actor who can play bad ass. He'd also have the accent of an african slave because he's african.

Looks too much like fuckin' Tyrese.

Ghostboy

How the hell does this thing get leaked so quickly? Does he do it himself?

Jeremy Blackman

Had to read the first page. Properly evocative. Tell me if I'm wrong, but it seems like it might be an actual legitimate slavery movie, i.e. not a Kill Bill-style revenge cartoon.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

Sorry but it's cartoons and revenge.  But really great cartoon and revenge, I mean really really great.  I was hooked.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," BolaƱo says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

Pubrick

so where am i sposed to get this now

it says the file's been taken down

under the paving stones.

Stefen

I'll send it to you. I'll send it through facebook.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

thanks!

maybe his scripts read better than his movies cos i'm just sick of how his dialogue is delivered these days, especially in basterds.. it's like they're just reading a book out loud. i really wanna like him again cos he made one of the best movies ever, but damn if his movies in the last 10 years aren't piles of overrated shit.

oh well.. page one...
under the paving stones.

ElPandaRoyal

Like all previously Tarantino leaked screenplays, I can't wait to read the first few page of it and then impatiently wait for the movie to be released.
Si

Jeremy Blackman

I just read an intriguing explanation for the screenplay leak... Apparently the script is controversial and resolutely non-commercial, so, if someone involved in the process does attempt to reign Tarantino in, he will already have a legion of media and fans prepared to defend and champion the film (and the original vision).

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Reelist on May 04, 2011, 04:12:35 PM
who do you think should play Django, guys? An unknown? Maybe the black guy from Basterds?
Wouldn't be surprised if it were Djimon Hounsou.

As long as tarantino doesn't try to "surprise" us by casting Fiddy cent..........or the RZA
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

socketlevel

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on May 05, 2011, 09:45:26 AM
Quote from: Reelist on May 04, 2011, 04:12:35 PM
who do you think should play Django, guys? An unknown? Maybe the black guy from Basterds?
Wouldn't be surprised if it were Djimon Hounsou.

As long as tarantino doesn't try to "surprise" us by casting Fiddy cent..........or the RZA

I really like the Rza's acting lol. not much range but he puts a smile on my face. Unlike fiddy he gets involved in great projects too.
the one last hit that spent you...

Jeremy Blackman

There are so many way-too-obvious choices... I actually hope he casts a relatively unknown actor.

Reel

I'm def. thinking an unknown. Someone with true grit. Possibly an African actor, but the way that he talks in the script makes him seem like he's already americanized.. So someone that American audiences recognize would be cool too.