Britney

Started by SoNowThen, September 12, 2003, 10:00:19 AM

MacGuffin

Britney Spears Marries in California

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oops! Pop star Britney Spears did it again and got married for the second time this year -- this time to dancer Kevin Federline in a low-key ceremony Saturday at a private home in Studio City, California, a record-label executive confirmed on Sunday.

"Yes, I can tell you the happy couple got married yesterday," David Frostman of Jive Records, a British spokesman for Spears, told Reuters in London. Frostman declined to provide further details.

Spears, 22, and Federline, 26, surprised their parents with the unexpected ceremony which took place about 7:30 p.m. at the home of a tailor who had custom-made the tuxedos for the groom and other men in the wedding, according to a report on the Web site of Star magazine.

A publicist for the syndicated entertainment television show "Access Hollywood," which also carried a report of the nuptials on its Web site, said that show organizers were with Spears' mother, Lynn, and her younger sister, Jamie Lynn on Saturday until 5 p.m. as they got ready for what they believed to be an "engagement dinner."

"Jamie Lynn died her hair back to its original color of brown and told the show that she couldn't wait to surprise her sister with the new look at the "dinner," the report on the Access Hollywood Web site stated.

Star reported that only 20 immediate family members attended the ceremony. Britney reportedly wore a strapless white dress designed by Monique L'Huillier, with a long veil and tiara, and she carried a bouquet of pink and white roses, the tabloid said. Five bridesmaids and a maid of honor all reportedly wore burgundy and carried red roses.

The couple exchanged rings and danced to Journey's "City by the Bay," the tabloid reported. Guests reportedly dined on chicken fingers, crab cakes, ribs, Waldorf salad.

U.S.-based publicists for the couple were not immediately available to comment on Sunday.

On January 2 of this year Spears married high school sweetheart Jason Alexander in an impromptu ceremony in Las Vegas. But the ill-fated marriage only lasted three days and was annulled on Jan. 5.

Spears and Federline announced their engagement in June. Federline has two children with former girlfriend actress Shar Jackson.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Quote from: MacGuffinBritney Spears Marries in California
So?

MacGuffin

Spears Turns To Directing

Britney Spears has ventured behind the camera to co-direct her first pop video - in preparation for her assault on Hollywood. The "Toxic" beauty put her directorial skills into practice when she helped create the promo for her tune "Do Something" in New York last month. And Spears hopes the video will show studio heads she has the talent to score success as a movie-maker - especially since she's already devoting much of her spare time to writing scripts for big screen musicals. She says, "I made a cute video for 'Do Something.' We shot the entire thing in a record-breaking five hours. I even came up with all the choreography and styled the entire shoot myself. I've been working on writing and hopefully directing a musical that makes fun of Hollywood."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinI've been working on writing and hopefully directing a musical that makes fun of Hollywood.
Oh God.  :doh:

pete

Quote from: MacGuffinSpears Turns To Directing

Britney Spears has ventured behind the camera to co-direct her first pop video - in preparation for her assault on Hollywood. The "Toxic" beauty put her directorial skills into practice when she helped create the promo for her tune "Do Something" in New York last month. And Spears hopes the video will show studio heads she has the talent to score success as a movie-maker - especially since she's already devoting much of her spare time to writing scripts for big screen musicals. She says, "I made a cute video for 'Do Something.' We shot the entire thing in a record-breaking five hours. I even came up with all the choreography and styled the entire shoot myself. I've been working on writing and hopefully directing a musical that makes fun of Hollywood."

reminded me that Saturday Night Live sketch with Jason Prestley, when the New Kids on the Block sang their songs, wrote their songs, designed their own costumes, choreographed their danced, designed their own house, and squeezed themselves some fresh orance juice, and then performed a song called "Girl You Ah Wicked Ahwesome."
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

grand theft sparrow

Everyone can just calm down.  

Remember the rumors that Fred Durst was in talks to direct a couple of major studio films?  Remember the reports that he had been "talking" to David Fincher?  Nothing.  Studio executives only allow singers to keep their vanity projects completely in front of the camera these days.  Prince pretty much put the final nail in that coffin with Graffiti Bridge.

And unless someone is trying to do the same scheme as the characters in The Producers, there's no way anyone would bankroll a musical of hers.

MacGuffin

Spears announces she's pregnant

Britney Spears has revealed what might be Hollywood's worst-kept secret: She's pregnant. Jive Records spokeswoman Sonia Muckle confirmed the singer's pregnancy Tuesday but declined to provide additional details. In a posting on her Web site, Spears told fans that she and husband, Kevin Federline, were expecting their first child together. The couple were married in September. "There are reports that I was in the hospital this weekend, and Kevin and I just want everyone to know that all is well. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers." Magazines have speculated for weeks that the 23-year-old singer was pregnant, noting her expanding waistline. She's previously expressed a desire to start a family. Federline has two children with ex-girlfriend actress Shar Jackson.

Skeleton FilmWorks

deathnotronic

Damnit, you beat me to it. Delete my thread, someone.

Stefen

haha since when can you get pregnant from anal sex, it's probably not even hers.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

kotte

Quote from: Stefenhaha since when can you get pregnant from anal sex, it's probably not even hers.

:-D

SHAFTR

Maybe she'll pose in Playboy "Prego" style.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Weak2ndAct

Maybe someone will put the afterbirth up on ebay.

Alethia

pete

"you're not pregnant."
"but...how is that possible?"
"it happens all the time: one of your kidneys just happens to be shaped like a baby.  and then you started getting fat."
"but we heard the heartbeat--"
"that was the bassdrum from the toto cover band that's next door."
--the snl bad doctor sketch.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Myxo

Quote from: Stefenhaha since when can you get pregnant from anal sex, it's probably not even hers.

Aww man, you changed your AV.

Best AV on the boards!