Lindsay Lohan

Started by MacGuffin, May 19, 2005, 01:31:05 PM

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: polkablues on March 01, 2006, 06:38:52 PM
Ew... Lindsay Lohan has the back of a seventy-year-old Irishman.
it's still rock-n-roll to me.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

The Red Vine

Regardless of age, Robert Altman is still the man.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Reinhold

when i saw him speak earlier this year, altman gave every impression that he is indeed still the man.

he joked a little about how a lot of audiences don't seem to get his movies, saying that he wishes he could more easily connect with 18-year-old girls.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Xidentity Crixax on March 05, 2006, 10:31:30 PM
when i saw him speak earlier this year, altman gave every impression that he is indeed still the man.

he joked a little about how a lot of audiences don't seem to get his movies, saying that he wishes he could more easily connect with 18-year-old girls.
Yeah, everyone at the Oscar Party was like, "who is this guy and why is he still talking?"

Just when I thought I couldn't get any more disappointed in humanity, Crash wins. :cry:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

edison

SiliasRuby

OooooooOooo Lindsay Got Owned!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Lohan returns to 'Georgia Rule' set

After a highly publicized absence this week from the set of Morgan Creek Prods.' "Georgia Rule," Lindsay Lohan has returned to work.

In the wake of the "Mean Girls" actress' failure to show up to the L.A. set Wednesday, Morgan Creek CEO James G. Robinson shot off a sternly worded letter to Lohan and her reps that night. Robinson said in an interview Friday that Lohan also had been late for her call times on several occasions, prompting the letter, which was first made public Friday by the Smoking Gun Web site.

"I'm just trying to get the movie made," Robinson said. "I did what I felt I needed to do on behalf of the movie and on behalf of her, too. I wanted to set some limits."

Robinson said Lohan returned to work Thursday without incident. In his letter, the Morgan Creek topper blamed the actress for hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage. "If you do not honor your production commitments, including your scheduled call time for tomorrow, and any call times thereafter, we will hold you personally accountable," he wrote.

Lohan's publicist, Leslie Sloane Zelnik, did not return a call seeking comment.

But a source in Lohan's camp who asked not to be identified said the production is actually a day ahead of schedule, and the actress made up for her Wednesday absence by working Thursday, a day she was originally scheduled to be off.

Ironically, Lohan plays a rebellious young woman in the film.

"I've never had a minute's trouble with her. She's every inch a lady," Robinson said. "I felt I needed to remind her of her obligations to show up."

Robinson has never been afraid to confront a movie star acting in a way he deemed distruptive to a movie. Robinson tussled publicly with Sharon Stone over her refusal to appear nude in the 1996 film "Diabolique."

He added: "It was not a nasty letter. It was, 'Come on be a professional.' We're halfway through with six weeks to go. There's no turning back. I wrote the letter; it was from me, not some damn attorney. She showed up. That's all I cared about."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffin on July 28, 2006, 08:09:03 PM

how is that in any way ironic?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

polkablues

Quote from: bonanzataz on August 04, 2006, 12:28:40 AM
Quote from: MacGuffin on July 28, 2006, 08:09:03 PM

how is that in any way ironic?

Well, it's ironic that they're using "ironically" to mean the opposite of what it actually means...
My house, my rules, my coffee

Fernando

That reminds me of:

Skinner: And there she is: the world's largest cubic zirconia.
Moe: What an eyesore!
Homer: So, Mr. Malloy, it seems that the cat has been caught by the very person who was trying to catch him.
Skinner: How ironic.

Pubrick

Quote from: Fernando on August 04, 2006, 12:20:00 PM
Moe: What an eyesore!
hahaha, moe steals that scene with that line and when he tells grampa to shut up. good times.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Lindsay Unloads in a Letter

Lindsay Lohan is mad as hell and she's not going to take it anymore.

To finish off a fortnight in which she was treated at a hospital for dehydration, publicly lambasted by a studio honcho and subpoenaed to testify in a lawsuit against her mother, the 20-year-old actress ended up feeling shaken, not stirred, by a run-in with the paparazzi Thursday at L.A.'s signature celebrity watering hole, The Ivy.

While the details of what went down are sketchy, Lohan decided it was time to do a little sounding off of her own.

In an email to celebrity gossipmonger Perez Hilton, Lohan said that she "almost witnessed 3 kids being hit by paparazzi?Never in my life had an experience as I just did with the paparazzi. I am not kidding. I am shaking, cannot breathe a bit, scared, anxious and sad."

(A witness who lunched near Lohan that day said that what she saw/heard was a photog warning a few young girls to back away because there was bound to be craziness when Lohan left the restaurant.)

According to Hilton, the letter posted Thursday on PerezHilton.com is "definitely her." Lohan's rep, Leslie Sloane Zelnick, couldn't be reached for comment.

"When I got it I was really concerned," Hilton, who says that he and Lohan correspond often by email, told E! Online. "I thought, 'not another car accident, that's the last thing she needs right now.' "

Hilton said that he contacted Lohan's assistant, who assured him that the Just My Luck star's letter was in reference to a particularly "bad paparazzi day."

"This really was her way of speaking out about everything that's happened in the last two weeks," Hilton said. "She hasn't gone on the record before yesterday about everything that's been going on."

Instead, Lohan's mother, Dina, spoke up on her little girl's behalf, saying that the letter that Morgan Creek Productions CEO James G. Robinson sent to Lohan taking her to task for her supposedly questionable work ethic was "way out of line."

Robinson had blamed Lohan's incessant partying for her frequent lateness and absences from the set of her latest movie, Georgia Rule.

Despite Thursday being what Lohan deemed her "day off," she decided the time was right to offer her own take on recent events.

It's "disgusting what these g-d damn people are doing to me," she wrote to Hilton. "As well as the people in my life that I work with/for. It's vulgar and I'm saddened for myself. And, ANY of those willing to fall into judging me in any way in the future or past, can watch the video tapes that these men/women take of me while they are being invasive towards my DAY off?Which I never have anymore."

And, in a shout-out to Robinson and company:

"Send that to Morgan Creek."

Which presumably means that she hasn't had time to partake in the "ongoing all night heavy partying" that Robinson accused her of. (Or it means she hasn't had enough time to party because of her heavy work schedule.)

But as for the Thursday incident with the paparazzi that left Lohan feeling quite sorry for herself, Hilton said that it was understandable why the Mean Girls star finally got fed up.

"The thing about Lindsay is, she plays along," Hilton said. "She'll give the photographers a shot but there comes a point where even she can acknowledge that it's too much. She's trying to send a message that they should either step back, or she's going to take steps to make it more difficult."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Macy: Lateness Doesn't Become Lohan

When it comes to tardiness, William H. Macy follows the golden rule. Do unto under-the-gun film crews as you'd have them do unto you.

"You can't show up late," the Emmy winner said Thursday at a Los Angeles press junket for his new film, Everyone's Hero. "It's very, very disrespectful."

So let that be a lesson to you, Lindsay Lohan.

"I think what an actor has to realize [is that] when you show up an hour late, 150 people have been scrambling to cover for you," Macy said when asked about Bobby costar Lohan's usual check-in time. The two share a scene together in the Emilio Estevez-directed drama about the 16 hours leading up to Robert F. Kennedy's assassination in 1968.

"There is not an apology big enough in the world to have to make 150 people scramble. It's nothing but disrespect. And Lindsay Lohan is not the only one. A lot of actors show up late as if they're God's gift to the film. It's inexcusable. They should have their asses kicked."

Habitual lateness may not just be a problem for Lohan but, according to Macy, despite his opinion that she's a huge talent, "she was pretty late" all the same.

A studio spokesperson declined comment.

In Bobby, Macy plays the manager of the Ambassador Hotel, where Kennedy was shot, and Lohan plays a young bride to be who's marrying her boyfriend's brother (Elijah Wood) to keep the lad out of Vietnam. Anthony Hopkins, Heather Graham, Demi Moore, Sharon Stone, Martin Sheen, Laurence Fishburne, Helen Hunt, Joshua Jackson, Christian Slater and Estevez also star.

The questions swirling around Lohan's work ethic are, of course, more fallout from the public finger-wagging she received from Morgan Creek CEO James G. Robinson, who criticized the 20-year-old in a letter that got published on the Smoking Gun Website for acting like a "spoiled child" and for "displaying "discourteous, irresponsible and unprofessional" behavior on the set of her latest film, Georgia Rule.

Robinson blamed "ongoing all night heavy partying" for Lohan's late arrivals and absences, surmising that her "so-called exhaustion" was a result of too much club-hopping, rather than from heat or any other uncontrollable circumstance.

Dina Lohan, the actress' mom, immediately snapped to attention, calling Robinson's communique "way out of line." While she admitted that production had to be postponed at one point to accommodate her daughter's tardiness, Dina Lohan repeated that her little girl had, in fact, been treated for heat exhaustion the day before Robinson put his thoughts on paper.

"I worry about these young kids," said Macy, whose wife, Felicity Huffman, costars with Lohan in Georgia Rules and agrees that the girl can definitely act. "Fifteen, 18, 20 years old--who in the span of one year become millionaires and powerhouses. It's too much power for a kid that age to handle."

However, you probably wouldn't be in a hurry to get to the set, either, if flowers from an unwelcome admirer were going to be awaiting you. Earlier this month it was reported that Lohan was getting bouquets and letters from a man trying to persuade the Mean Girls star to contact him, prompting studio security to post a memo on the gate reading: "One of our actresses has a stalker."

What with the alleged stalker and getting her BlackBerry and voicemail hacked into, it's a wonder she makes it out of the house at all.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Lindsay: You Got Served
Source: TMZ

Lindsay Lohan was slapped with a huge surprise while attending the Annual American Cinematheque Award honoring George Clooney Friday -- a subpoena! And to make matters worse, it all went down on the red carpet.

It all started after the actress was approached by a woman who Lindsay assumed was an autograph seeker on her way out of the event. Lindsay said to the woman "You're my first autograph!" to which the woman promptly answered "You've been served." According to witnesses, Lindsay then dropped the paperwork and chased after the process server. No word on whether she caught up to the process server.

The lawsuit involves Dina Lohan (Lindsay's mother) who is being sued for fraud, theft, and violation of contract. The suit, filed in Las Vegas, claims Mama Lohan signed a contract with Antonio Almeida and Mitchell Chait authorizing them to manage Lindsay's music career and record her album. The suit then claims Dina dumped the two managers and signed her daughter with Tommy Mottola's Casablanca Records, who in turn produced Lindsay's two albums. The suit seeks tens of thousands of dollars for cash the producers say they loaned to the Lohans.

TMZ spoke with Charles Coate, attorney for Almeida and Chait. He told us "[Lindsay] was in fact served in connection to the Vegas complaint. Also, Miss Lohan is only a witness, not a party in the case, and the allegations in the complaint speak for themselves."

A rep for Lindsay could not be reached at press time.

Skeleton FilmWorks