So Far This Year, Vol. 4

Started by MacGuffin, June 27, 2006, 11:43:28 AM

pete

we speak manderlay in Taiwan everyday.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Split Infinitive

Thus far, 2005 has been one kick in the nuts after another.  I haven't been to the theater since X3, and I didn't bother with most of the other films that came out earlier in the year.  After this weekend (PotC2 and A Scanner Darkly), I'm looking at another long, dry stretch.  Wake me up when Brick and United 93 hit DVD.
Please don't correct me. It makes me sick.

JG

Edited as of sept 24, 2006

2006 - 10 Months In

1.  L'Enfant [J. Dardenne, L. Dardenne]

2.  Army of Shadows [J. Meville]

3.  Half Nelson [R. Fleck]

4.  Science of Sleep [M. Gondry]

5.  Brick [R. Johnson]

6.  A Scanner Darkly [R. Linklater]

Mr. Joshua

United 93 was very intense, I honestly have left a theater emotionally taken back this year by only one movie, the inconvenient truth, best documentary this year by far.
"and in the windmill dawn, and under this orchard canopy, and out from under this barrel vault, and out from under this barrel vault." -

last days of gerry the elephant

top 5 so far:
1. l'enfant
2. the prestige
3. the science of sleep
4. manderlay
5. a scanner darkly

need to see:
deja vu
marie antoinette
inland empire
the departed
the fountain
little miss sunshine
fast food nation
volver
army of shadows

MacGuffin

Top Three So Far:

The Three Burials Of Marcelles Wallace
Bubblecious
Sometimes Superman Comes Back
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

wow. i'd love to work in a rental store there.

Ostrich Riding Cowboy

In chronological order:

Manderlay
V for Vendetta
Thank You for Smoking
A Prairie Home Companion
Superman Returns
DIDI: I missed you . . . and at the same time I was happy. Isn't that a strange thing?

edison

Quote from: flagpolespecial on July 22, 2006, 06:43:10 AM
Quote from: picolas on July 21, 2006, 11:37:01 PM
wow. i'd love to work in a rental store there.

what do you mean? in australia? where do you live that you can't get those same ten movies at your local video store?

while one may be able to rent them, one may not find those movies topping the list of most rented and picolas would love to work at this mythical place. I believe that was what he meant.

edison

So I guess I was right. Such a place truly is mythical.

picolas

now answer my questions in the new world thread please.

Pubrick

Quote from: edison on July 22, 2006, 09:38:26 PM
while one may be able to rent them, one may not find those movies topping the list of most rented
what made you think flagpole's list was most rented? did u think his theatrical list was a box-office list too?? this is completely bizarre. no one else's list has been about that, or misunderstood to be that, the thread is not about that.
under the paving stones.

picolas

Quote from: Pubrick on July 23, 2006, 12:53:58 AM
Quote from: edison on July 22, 2006, 09:38:26 PM
while one may be able to rent them, one may not find those movies topping the list of most rented
what made you think flagpole's list was most rented? did u think his theatrical list was a box-office list too?? this is completely bizarre. no one else's list has been about that, or misunderstood to be that, the thread is not about that.
he's explaining what i thought. i thought what i thought because i wasn't thinking.

pete

I'm adding Little Miss Sunshine to my list.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

samsong