ossscar: Adrian Brody

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, March 23, 2003, 10:04:02 PM

polkablues

Adrien Brody is the only person I've ever seen who actually got them to stop the cut-off music after they started it.  Helluvan acceptance speech.
My house, my rules, my coffee

bonanzataz

Halle Berry did it last year.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pubrick

Quote from: bonanzatazHalle Berry did it last year.
yeah, but she's stupit.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: bonanzatazHalle Berry did it last year.

Well, I guess you can prove anything with facts.

EL__SCORCHO

I'm happy Brody won. It was a great surprise to me, I was almost certain Jack Nicholson or Day Lewis was gonna get it. Fucking great surprise!

budgie

Quote from: polkabluesHelluvan acceptance speech.

:yabbse-thumbdown:

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

budgie

Quote from: P
Quote from: budgie:yabbse-thumbdown:

Suckers.

polkablues

Quote from: budgie

Suckers.

Thumb-suckers.

The thing about Brody's acceptance speech: I'll take genuine emotion over rabble-rousing or name-listing every time.

Jeremy Blackman

:yabbse-thumbup:

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

:2gunfire:

budgie

Quote from: Pawbloe
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

:2gunfire:

{sigh}

:kiss:

Thing is, polkablues, maybe I'm just too cynical but I didn't believe it, or if I did I found it a bit smug. Give me uncontrolled outbursts over that oh so cool dignity any day. And anyone who brings God aka Allah into things gets the thumbs down. Call me a thumb-sucker, but I'd rather be adolescent than superior and bourgeois, you know?

MacGuffin

Adrien Brody, Penelope Cruz to recreate matador's love story on screen

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Oscar-winning actor Adrien Brody and Spanish star Penelope Cruz are reportedly teaming up to star in a movie about the passionate love affair between a matador and an actress.

Brody will play legendary Spanish bullfighter Manuel Rodriguez Sanchez, with Cruz as his love interest, actress Lupe Sino, in "Manolete," a new film that will be written and directed by Dutch-born filmmaker Menno Meyjes, Daily Variety said.

"Manolete" is set in 1940s Spain and tells the story of Rodriguez Sanchez's passion for Sino, which continued until his death in the bullring in 1947 at age 30.

American star Brody, 32, who won the best actor Oscar for 2002's "The Pianist," is set to go to Spain in January to work with a bullfighter ahead of the March 21 start of filming.

Brody has also starred in films such as this year's "The Jacket" and in Peter Jackson's "King Kong," which is set for release next month.

Madrid-born Cruz, 31, has starred in Hollywood films including 2001's "Vanilla Sky," opposite ex-boyfriend Tom Cruise, and in "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" (2001), opposite Nicolas Cage.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 18, 2005, 07:31:36 PM
Brody will play legendary Spanish bullfighter Manuel Rodriguez Sanchez

When was the last time a non-Spanish/Latino actor played one with an even marginally convincing accent?  The only one that even comes close is Mandy Patinkin in The Princess Bride but if he was playing serious, it would have disasterous.  Maybe Johnny Depp in Before Night Falls, but that's up for debate as well...

I'm a little skeptical about this one...