QUEER CINEMA

Started by modage, June 02, 2003, 05:33:46 PM

Gold Trumpet

To the person who dissed Blockbuster, I ask you to realize it is the best people like me and others have because my city limits only has around ten thousand people in it. That's all for now.

~rougerum

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

the best thing kurt cobain ever said was that he did not want to say fuck you to wall mart because when he was a kid wallmart was all he had

thats some cool shit

dissing blockbuster i roll my eyes at that shit, we all fucking got started there

i did

maybe the older memembers remember the days of " bobs videos"

but that is not my point, blockbuster has movies

maybe when you get older and your tastes expand you move on to seek other places

but to dismiss blockbuster out right is just dare i say dumb

godardian

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetTo the person who dissed Blockbuster, I ask you to realize it is the best people like me and others have because my city limits only has around ten thousand people in it. That's all for now.

~rougerum

Believe me, I've been to Blockbuster many, many times myself. I lived in a small town for a few years, and that was, indeed, all we had. What I meant was, "Why would anyone go to Blockbuster if they had any other choice?" But what I was really trying to do was put a little smiley face on it all. I hated having to go to Blockbuster. The selection sucks, the people there sucked, and the company itself sucks.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

godard i have to say i am let down here, i brought up a debate that you would think that you could dig right into

and you are just avoiding it and at best just throwing a few cliches around

but yet when i say a tiny little mean remark you are all over that

is that you saying that you have hit your ceiling of debate

all you know how to do is spew tired old cliches at people when they say things outside the excepted box

i think on this post i brought up strong points , while still staying true to my views

but you just want to wait to hear me call mesh a fag so you could write a 10 page diatibe about how hate full i am

i do not think i am hatefull, you were just trained to think that if anyone says any little thing not excepted by the code they are wrong

my posts prove that i am not in any way a rush limbaugh type

but since your so shallow you miss the important stuff and go straight to the " fags" how is that differnt then some soccer mom who scans her kids music for the words " shit"

godardian

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMan

meanwhile would the real deal get the props that Kissing got

so to sum up, its not all about pain and suffering with you people

but i think for some people its a all too important life fact and to reduce it in such a way is kinda wrong, and you get mad at me for calling mesh a fag

no this is wrong, this is like what bruce lee went through in hollywood when he saw his culture treated in such a weird manner

What's "the real deal" in this case?

I'm stunned you would use a the words "you people" in this context. Who are you, Ross Perot??

I have no idea whether Kissing Jessica Stein is a good film in any way or not; like I said, I haven't seen it. But it has to be pointed out (since not everyone seems to know this) that not all gay people have the same life experiences. To some people, being gay is really no big deal. To others, it's what they build their life around. To others, it's a secret they have to keep at all costs. I don't think it's automatically wrong to depict a woman that's usually heterosexual being curious or attracted to another woman and exploring that. If you think of sexuality as separate gated communities or a country clubs that are "members only," then I suppose it could bother you. But since I know sexuality is much more fluid than that, and that a lot of the sociocultural baggage that's hung on it is extraneous bullshit, it doesn't bother me.

Anyways, from what I've read/heard, the issues you bring up are also addressed in the film; in fact, isn't that a major part of the plot?
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

the real deal would be a real lesbian writting her love story from her point of view

would hollywood jump all over it, if say they the couple in question looked rather plain and ordinary

and the you people line backs up my point, about how you can not debate me so you look for hot button words and you twist them around

its like me writting a song about how fucked up cancer is and i use the word "shitty" in the song and all these snobby soccer moms want to dissmiss my song out right just because of one word

kind of like when people at church get mad at magnolia because of tom cruise saying cock, if they get past that part they will find a movie that many people find to be very pro church values

now being the snob that you are, you will say that you are so much better then a soccer mom because soccer moms do not know who godard is

but if the mini van fits drive it

godardian

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMangodard i have to say i am let down here, i brought up a debate that you would think that you could dig right into

and you are just avoiding it and at best just throwing a few cliches around

but yet when i say a tiny little mean remark you are all over that

is that you saying that you have hit your ceiling of debate

all you know how to do is spew tired old cliches at people when they say things outside the excepted box

i think on this post i brought up strong points , while still staying true to my views

but you just want to wait to hear me call mesh a fag so you could write a 10 page diatibe about how hate full i am

i do not think i am hatefull, you were just trained to think that if anyone says any little thing not excepted by the code they are wrong

my posts prove that i am not in any way a rush limbaugh type

but since your so shallow you miss the important stuff and go straight to the " fags" how is that differnt then some soccer mom who scans her kids music for the words " shit"

Yet again, you've failed to actually read my posts. Never have I used the word "hate" to describe you. I think your posts are sub-literate, very poorly argued, full of contradictions, and inspired by pointless aggression and some sort of self-deluded idea that you're being "rebellious," really challenging the status quo. I've never insisted you stop posting or told you not to use certain words. I'm giving my opinion of what you've written, which is part of free discourse and is not censorious. Your incredibly petty, simplistic views absolutely beg for another point of view to be shown. Your own shallowness, as proven by your constant and astounding inability to comprehend posts or make articulate or coherent posts of your own, is astounding.

I won't continue to respond to this, because you're either too lazy to actually read what I've written, or you're too thick to comprehend it.

Quote from: godardian

Anyways, from what I've read/heard, the issues you bring up are also addressed in the film; in fact, isn't that a major part of the plot?

i dealt with this earlier, when i said they will throw in some fake politics to make the p.c police happy

and yes like pavlovs dog, you fell for it

you wont repond to this because you cant you have shown the limit of your logic

and guess what i am winning fans over second by second, why are you not ?

and the people who get it, can not be called hicks as much as you wish they would

your a tired old cliche my man

Gold Trumpet

godardian is a tired old cliche? He has to write and think in the realm of something gimmicky to even become that. Stating opinions straight forward is not that, but writing thoughts in a series of rap like talking that says as much for cleverness as for an opinion stated, hmmm...........

~rougerum

Cecil

again i log on and see blacksanta arguing with someone. sheesh, you seem to be in a pissy mood today.

i know your right cecil

i need to clear my head , but even in the midst of this heavy block i created a whole art garfunkle post

some of my best work

now ifonly we could some how get a thread going where we could talk about boobies

Cecil

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMannow ifonly we could some how get a thread going where we could talk about boobies

theres some talk of that in, i think, the movie confessions thread

RegularKarate

i dealt with this earlier, when i said they will throw in some fake politics to make the p.c police happy
and yes like pavlovs dog, you fell for it

I understand that you don't want to read everything because words hurt your head, but you expect everyone to respond to every last thing you say.

HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DOES HE HAVE TO SAY HE DIDN'T SEE THE FILM?!!!  HOW CAN HE BE "FALLING FOR IT" IF HE HASN'T SEEN IT AT ALL?

I don't blame Godardian for not wanting to reply when you're being so thick headed.

and you are so quick to label everyone... so fucking quick...

listen... godardian can be film snobby sometimes, really, but he usually makes valid points and is pretty level headed about everything.

Your posts can be great when you're not trying to make a point about something stupid because you're so stubborn and ignorant about certain things.

maybe i will move to new zealand and clear my head

and words dont hurt my head, i need them much like you need air

but its bullshit i cant handle it drives me nuts, now should it drive me this nuts well no

but im working on it

dont want to end up like lenny bruce holding old newspapers and bitching about why the world has done me wrong