NAME THIS MYSTERIOUS MOVIE

Started by Jake_82, April 24, 2003, 08:53:14 PM

Pwaybloe

What about that "home movie" you stole from your father?  Why don't you just wrap it up and label it "From: Santa"? 

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: 72teeth on December 18, 2008, 03:52:11 AM
im looking for an xmas present for my dad... besides diehard and breaveheart and all the other normal dad movies, some of the best ones he likes is dead man and the nakred prey.... any ideas you guys?

Some Steve McQueen stuff? Bullet, The Getaway (both on Blu-Ray)

Sleepless

Okay, see if anyone has any idea what this one is.

I have a vague memory of a Christmas movie I saw on TV as a child. There was a scene in it where a boy wakes up at night, only to find a glow coming from outside his bedroom window. He opens the curtains and Santa's reindeer are all there.

I have no idea what it is. For years I thought it was "........ Saves Christmas" It's no Ernest. And it's not "The Boy Who---" either. I just suffered through that on netflix thinking it was, but nope. Thought it may possibly be "Flight of The Reindeer," but a search on imdb said nada.

This ring a bell with anyone? It's driving me mad just trying to figure out what it was.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

tpfkabi

You're certain it's a little boy?
There's always Prancer (which was on TV the other night).
Whether or not it has a scene similar to that, I'm not sure.

A good place to get questions like this answered in the main IMDB board - usually it's a very fast moving board and any time I've posted asking about a film it's been answered pretty quickly.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

wilder

This is the one movie I've never been able to find, and I don't remember anything about it except one scene: A man is eating in a restaurant, and there's a pool on the roof, which sinks down into the middle of the restaurant and has glass on all sides so patrons can see into it like an aquarium. A woman up top strips naked and goes swimming in the pool, oblivious (?) that the guests eating dinner downstairs can see her.

I think that's what happened. Saw this probably twenty years ago. Any ideas?

ono

No idea where you'd begin, but this might be a start:

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?keywords=swimming-pool&release_date=,1993&title_type=feature

That is, if the keyword swimming pool was used for this movie.

tpfkabi

Quote from: wilder on September 27, 2013, 12:14:51 AM
This is the one movie I've never been able to find, and I don't remember anything about it except one scene: A man is eating in a restaurant, and there's a pool on the roof, which sinks down into the middle of the restaurant and has glass on all sides so patrons can see into it like an aquarium. A woman up top strips naked and goes swimming in the pool, oblivious (?) that the guests eating dinner downstairs can see her.

Figure it out?
I seem to be picturing a movie where someone goes in a house, maybe to a party, and you can see someone swimming overhead in water. You only see a hallway width of a pool above with a clear bottom that people below can see through.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: tpfkabi on October 23, 2013, 12:45:00 PMI seem to be picturing a movie where someone goes in a house, maybe to a party, and you can see someone swimming overhead in water. You only see a hallway width of a pool above with a clear bottom that people below can see through.

I think that's a scene from The Killing (Season 1 or 2), at the rich libertarian guy's house.

wilder

Never did find it. What you're picturing is possible? I just don't have enough to go on to be able to track it down.

jenkins

sounds italian right? or american 60s

Sleepless

A shark in an (indoor) public swimming pool attacking people. It breaks through a vent or something to get in there.

Anyone have any ideas where this is from? I'm sure I didn't make it up. Thought maybe it was from Jaws or one of the sequels, but after reading the plot of each I don't think it was. Maybe a cheap knock-off instead then? Anyone have any ideas?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

wilder

Quote from: jenkins<3 on October 23, 2013, 01:38:25 PM
sounds italian right? or american 60s

No fucking idea, probably American. When I think back on it I imagine it being the vibe of a Blake Edwards movie like The Party or S.O.B.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: wilder on September 27, 2013, 12:14:51 AM

I'm convinced I've seen a scene like that from a more recent film. I even remember the tables at the restaurant. But maybe it was an aquarium, and there was a person swimming in there incidentally. It was either from a gangster or spy movie, or a comedy. But the aquarium/pool didn't "sink down" into the restaurant; it went all the way to the floor.

polkablues

Quote from: Sleepless on October 23, 2013, 01:58:14 PM
A shark in an (indoor) public swimming pool attacking people. It breaks through a vent or something to get in there.

Anyone have any ideas where this is from? I'm sure I didn't make it up. Thought maybe it was from Jaws or one of the sequels, but after reading the plot of each I don't think it was. Maybe a cheap knock-off instead then? Anyone have any ideas?

The closest thing I can think of was the scene from the opening of Leonard: Part 6, but that was an outdoor pool, it only attacked one person, and it was a trained assassin rainbow trout. It's literally the only scene I remember from that movie.

Apparently there's also an episode of CSI with a shark attack in a swimming pool: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640833/
My house, my rules, my coffee

polkablues

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on October 23, 2013, 02:10:40 PM
I'm convinced I've seen a scene like that from a more recent film. I even remember the tables at the restaurant. But maybe it was an aquarium, and there was a person swimming in there incidentally. It was either from a gangster or spy movie, or a comedy. But the aquarium/pool didn't "sink down" into the restaurant; it went all the way to the floor.

Are you thinking of Mission: Impossible?

My house, my rules, my coffee