NAME THIS MYSTERIOUS MOVIE

Started by Jake_82, April 24, 2003, 08:53:14 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on February 07, 2006, 11:29:01 PM
Does Phantasm II have creatures?  Or some big creature?  My memory, though obviously not too clear, is of a creature or something fucked up enough to make my kid mind think it was a creature.  The plot I can't remember at all.  I want to say that it was in sterile colored rooms, like a space ship or labratory or something.  I remember the color grey, a creature, and me being too scared to continue.  I went and watched the remaing portion of another movie, so the creature came early or halfway.  Not at the very end you know.

Hmmm... My guess by that description would be:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097737/
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Perineum Falcon

does anyone remember a movie where a kid takes a ride to another fantastical place on the beard of a floating head?

I swear it's real.

And while we're at it, could we solve this:
Quote from: bigideas on May 29, 2005, 12:50:35 PM
2. some movie where there is a crane in a muddy pond/swamp that is thought to be a dinosaur or like a lockness monster.
as well???
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

bonanzataz

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on February 07, 2006, 11:29:01 PM
Does Phantasm II have creatures?  Or some big creature?  My memory, though obviously not too clear, is of a creature or something fucked up enough to make my kid mind think it was a creature.  The plot I can't remember at all.  I want to say that it was in sterile colored rooms, like a space ship or labratory or something.  I remember the color grey, a creature, and me being too scared to continue.  I went and watched the remaing portion of another movie, so the creature came early or halfway.  Not at the very end you know.

this movie scared the shit out of me, but i used to love it. i could just never watch it alone.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

squints

Quote from: bonanzataz on February 08, 2006, 12:07:37 PM

this movie scared the shit out of me, but i used to love it. i could just never watch it alone.

Holy shit! i haven't seen that movie in forever..i didn't even know it was on dvd. My parents and i used to watch this all the fuckin time
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

Quote from: Slightly Green on February 08, 2006, 12:00:12 PM
does anyone remember a movie where a kid takes a ride to another fantastical place on the beard of a floating head?

I swear it's real.
under the paving stones.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Pubrick on February 08, 2006, 08:41:47 PM
Quote from: Slightly Green on February 08, 2006, 12:00:12 PM

I swear it's real.

Ha ha, we were actually just talking about that at work.
So, I don't think that's it.
I mean, there's an outside chance, slightly possible, but it didn't seem to answer my query when I thought of it.

But on second thought.....  :ponder:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

©brad

those movies used to scare the shit outta me as a kid.

Reinhold

a man and a woman are to share a bed. the dude shows up with a sword. she's scared at first. he explains some story about a knight and a woman who had to sleep together. he put his sword between them in the bed and promised not to cross over to her side.

it feels REALLY obvious and i'm going to want to hit myself in the head with a brick when i find out, but i can't make my brain work.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Xidentity Crixax on April 24, 2006, 12:10:31 AM
a man and a woman are to share a bed. the dude shows up with a sword. she's scared at first. he explains some story about a knight and a woman who had to sleep together. he put his sword between them in the bed and promised not to cross over to her side.

it feels REALLY obvious and i'm going to want to hit myself in the head with a brick when i find out, but i can't make my brain work.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

Quote from: MrBurgerKing on April 24, 2003, 08:56:25 PM
Hmm.. that's Audition.

True story, a friend of mine loaned it to me when I was on a date. He told me it's a good foreign chick flick. I thought, 'hey, maybe it will be great like My Sassy Girl.' It turned out to be on par with finding a two headed rat in the middle of your burger with it's eyes bubbling. As you bite into the head and chew on its brain, you don't realize that you have just eaten a maggot filled animal.

dude, you've seen my sassy girl?  now go check out "crying out love in the center of the world" and then congrats you're a total sap!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: pete on April 24, 2006, 04:06:23 AM
Quote from: MrBurgerKing on April 24, 2003, 08:56:25 PM
Hmm.. that's Audition.

True story, a friend of mine loaned it to me when I was on a date. He told me it's a good foreign chick flick. I thought, 'hey, maybe it will be great like My Sassy Girl.' It turned out to be on par with finding a two headed rat in the middle of your burger with it's eyes bubbling. As you bite into the head and chew on its brain, you don't realize that you have just eaten a maggot filled animal.

dude, you've seen my sassy girl?  now go check out "crying out love in the center of the world" and then congrats you're a total sap!
dude, three years ago.
under the paving stones.

pete

yeah "crying out love" wasn't out three years ago.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Reinhold

thanks, mac.  for a second i thought it might have been the HBO Peter Sellers movie, but i couldn't picture the scene. i completely forgot that i had even seen Beyond The Sea.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

polkablues

Quote from: Xidentity Crixax on April 25, 2006, 02:26:33 AM
i completely forgot that i had even seen Beyond The Sea.

Beyond The Sea kind of has that effect on you.
My house, my rules, my coffee