NAME THIS MYSTERIOUS MOVIE

Started by Jake_82, April 24, 2003, 08:53:14 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: kal on February 01, 2006, 11:42:49 AM
That quote isnt also from Moulin Rouge... or very similar to that?

It is from Moulin Rouge, if you count that it uses the song Nature Boy.

Also, technically, the quote is, "The greatest thing in the world is to love, and be loved in return."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Brazoliange

thanks, yeah, I remember it as Moulin Rouge now.

just wanted to know, it was stuck on my mind and I couldn't remember.
Long live the New Flesh

Pubrick

Quote from: Brazoliange on February 01, 2006, 05:05:19 PM
thanks, yeah, I remember it as Moulin Rouge now.

just wanted to know, it was stuck on my mind and I couldn't remember.
uh.. ok. well i've merged this with the proper thread. in the future if you remember part of any dialogue/lyrics try doing a search on google "for the specific line" like that.
under the paving stones.

colbent

I know that I only have like two posts or something but I'd really appreciate if someone could help find out what this film is.

I don't really know much about it other than a few aspects of the plot, or what I remember them to be anyway. There's some kind of lottery, but the people that win it don't get money right off. They have to compete in this thing where they have to find and kill the other people who won, or something like that. I think the last person alive gets the money or whatever the prize is. All that I saw was the trailer for this on a vhs of some movie that I'd rented probably around 5 or 6 years ago. And I think that the title has some numbers in it.

I've tried using the plot search on imdb a few times and never really found anything. I might be wrong about the lottery or something else. Thanks?

Reinhold

in rat race, people win tokens in slot machines and then have to compete with each other in a race to get the money, but i'm sure that can't be what you're talking about.

are they on an island or anything?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pubrick

Quote from: colbent on February 01, 2006, 09:21:48 PM
I know that I only have like two posts or something but I'd really appreciate if someone could help find out what this film is.

you're right, so why should anyone help you? at least introduce yourself so you don't look like a self-serving prick. thanks?
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

Quote from: colbent on February 01, 2006, 09:21:48 PM

I don't really know much about it other than a few aspects of the plot, or what I remember them to be anyway. There's some kind of lottery, but the people that win it don't get money right off. They have to compete in this thing where they have to find and kill the other people who won, or something like that. I think the last person alive gets the money or whatever the prize is. All that I saw was the trailer for this on a vhs of some movie that I'd rented probably around 5 or 6 years ago. And I think that the title has some numbers in it.

I've tried using the plot search on imdb a few times and never really found anything. I might be wrong about the lottery or something else. Thanks?
Is it an American film?  My first thought was Battle Royale, but that's a Japanese film... so probably not since you would have mentioned the Japanese in your post.  Still, knowing what country it's from would help.

colbent

Nope, I'm pretty sure that they're not on an island. And yeah I think it's an american film. I think it actually takes place across the united states.

Thanks you guys.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: colbent on February 02, 2006, 09:34:20 AM
Nope, I'm pretty sure that they're not on an island. And yeah I think it's an american film. I think it actually takes place across the united states.

Thanks you guys.

Series 7: The Contenders?

It pops up on IFC every now and then.

colbent

Ah! That looks like it's it! Thanks!

w/o horse

Fuck I just saw this thread and I'm excited.

Okay.  This has bugged me since around 1988, which is the year I saw (or I was perhaps at a dollar theater, which might take us very well into 1989 given the run of) Who Framed Roger Rabbit.  Now, the thing is that I didn't go to see that movie, I went to see some either sci-fi or horror movie, there were creatures, and the movie scared me so I went and watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit instead.

What was the movie that scared me.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

ono

Try this.

Scroll down.  Maybe Phantasm II?  Just a guess at first glance, but your flick should be on that list.

w/o horse

Does Phantasm II have creatures?  Or some big creature?  My memory, though obviously not too clear, is of a creature or something fucked up enough to make my kid mind think it was a creature.  The plot I can't remember at all.  I want to say that it was in sterile colored rooms, like a space ship or labratory or something.  I remember the color grey, a creature, and me being too scared to continue.  I went and watched the remaing portion of another movie, so the creature came early or halfway.  Not at the very end you know.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.