NAME THIS MYSTERIOUS MOVIE

Started by Jake_82, April 24, 2003, 08:53:14 PM

cine

yeah, i think the redirection was already made to the most recent "name this movie" thread. but um, thanks.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: bigideasi have this faint memory of some movie that probably came out in the late 80's maybe early 90's. anywho, i think there are a group of kids and they fight all sorts of monsters like werewolfs and vampires, etc.
i want to think there is a scene where a kid kicks a werewolf in the balls.
i want to say there is talk of silver bullets, but i'm pretty sure it's not the movie Silver Bullet with Corey Haim.
does this spark any kind of memory with anyone?

i've been redirected here.
someone mentioned Lost Boys, but i don't think it's that.
i think it's younger kids. i almost want to think they were going for a Goonies-ish angle, but with a horror element to it.

Quote from: RegularKarate"WOLFMAN'S GOT NARDS!"

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1522

yeah, that seems like it's it.
thanks.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Myxo

This is driving me crazy everytime I see it on the banner.

What is that from?

MacGuffin

Quote from: MyxomatosisThis is driving me crazy everytime I see it on the banner.

What is that from?

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

thedog

I remember seeing this movie when I was a really little kid, and lately I've just been trying to figure out what it was exactly.

I can't name any of the actors in the movie, nor who directed it, or when it was made (though it's definitely inbetween 1980-1994). The scene which really freaked me out, this fat kid is standing on the ground yelling to these other kids standing on top of a small cliff (who, if I remember correctly, were shirtless and dressed as if they lived in the wilderness). While the fat kid continues talking to the kids on top of the cliff, the kids manage to push this giant rock off the side of the cliff and onto the fat kid below, who of course is squashed and killed. Because of this, the kids on top of the cliff start to laugh and clap.

Later on in the movie (The end?) there's some kind of chase through the woods, and the main kid who's being chased runs up all the way to an ocean, and an older man comes into shore on a boat. And that's all I remember.

My memory is really hazey so I may be wrong on a few of these details but... yeah... anybody know?

bonanzataz

some adaptation of "lord of the flies"
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzatazsome adaptation of "lord of the flies"

taz is correct.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: thedogThe scene which really freaked me out, this fat kid is standing on the ground yelling to these other kids standing on top of a small cliff (who, if I remember correctly, were shirtless and dressed as if they lived in the wilderness). While the fat kid continues talking to the kids on top of the cliff, the kids manage to push this giant rock off the side of the cliff and onto the fat kid below, who of course is squashed and killed. Because of this, the kids on top of the cliff start to laugh and clap.

Later on in the movie (The end?) there's some kind of chase through the woods, and the main kid who's being chased runs up all the way to an ocean, and an older man comes into shore on a boat. And that's all I remember.
everyone i know remembers that scene, if nothing else. it was pretty traumatic.
under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

i've been doing a bunch of internet searching of older tv shows/movies i watched when i was younger. as i was doing so, memories of two things came to mind:

1. the first was a cartoon that aired on ABC i believe. i thought of it when i was reminded of ABC Afterschool specials, but i believe this might have been shown as some type of Saturday morning special. it involved a bumbling knight and a dragon. i remember there was a lot of orange in the coloring. maybe even the knight's suit or whatever was orange.

2. some movie where there is a crane in a muddy pond/swamp that is thought to be a dinosaur or like a lockness monster.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Brazoliange

"The best thing in the world is to love, and to be loved"

figured it's better in here than in Idle Chatter since it has to do with SOME movie...
Long live the New Flesh

squints

Scarface 1933..you are me and i am you...
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

Quote from: Brazoliange on February 01, 2006, 02:03:46 AM
"The best thing in the world is to love, and to be loved"

figured it's better in here than in Idle Chatter since it has to do with SOME movie...
is this a game or do you not remember where the quote was from?

obviously if it has anything to do with movies, specific or otherwise, it doesn't go in idle chatter. if this is a game then it goes in News and Theory, if you don't know where the quote is from then there's many threads this can merge with.
under the paving stones.

Kal

What is this about? Dont get the posts...

That quote isnt also from Moulin Rouge... or very similar to that?