NAME THIS MYSTERIOUS MOVIE

Started by Jake_82, April 24, 2003, 08:53:14 PM

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

FeloniousFunk

Wow, that is weird. I was thinking about the same movie while watching Passenger 57. That movie was cool...just a bunch of kids running around in the plane....I have no idea what the name of it was though.

MacGuffin

Remember anybody who starred in it?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lance

yeah wasn't it staring sean austin and a couple other young hollywood stars, and their school was taking over by a bunch of terrorists, and it was up to sean and a few others to bring em down?

cine

Wait, maybe you're just channeling the media frenza of 9/11's 3rd anniversary...

mogwai

Quote from: Lanceyeah wasn't it staring sean austin and a couple other young hollywood stars, and their school was taking over by a bunch of terrorists, and it was up to sean and a few others to bring em down?
that's demolition high starring corey haim.

pete

demolition high came out in like, 1996.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleuth

I don't know, somebody asked me that on AIM and I posted it here
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: Lanceyeah wasn't it staring sean austin and a couple other young hollywood stars, and their school was taking over by a bunch of terrorists, and it was up to sean and a few others to bring em down?
that's demolition high starring corey haim.

No, that's...

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

rustinglass

When I was a small kid I saw a film (it might be a tv show, like an amazing stories episode or something) that scared the living shit out of me, but I can't remeber who starred in it, nor the title. Anyways, what I do remember and still dream of ocasionally:
It's very dark. big house, a man and a woman, and theres a white statue that looks like the venus de milo. at some point, the they start fighting over something, and the man chases the woman through the house, probably intending to kill her, up a staircase and finds her in the room where the statue is, he runs to her, and she dodges him, and he ends up grabing the legs of the statue and then he himself slowly turns into chalk.

Does anybody know what the hell I'm talking about?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

nix

While we're on the subject, does anybody remember a movie about this small school with a female teacher, and the school is taken over by dudes in wierd masks. I think the teacher and her class is kidnapped and then they escape and are on the run from these dudes. I remember one scene where they're in this cave and they have to swim across a river and the tough fat kid can't swim. Ring a bell?
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

MacGuffin

Quote from: nixWhile we're on the subject, does anybody remember a movie about this small school with a female teacher, and the school is taken over by dudes in wierd masks. I think the teacher and her class is kidnapped and then they escape and are on the run from these dudes. I remember one scene where they're in this cave and they have to swim across a river and the tough fat kid can't swim. Ring a bell?

Yes.

And just so it doesn't get lost from the previous page:
Quote from: rustinglassWhen I was a small kid I saw a film (it might be a tv show, like an amazing stories episode or something) that scared the living shit out of me, but I can't remeber who starred in it, nor the title. Anyways, what I do remember and still dream of ocasionally:
It's very dark. big house, a man and a woman, and theres a white statue that looks like the venus de milo. at some point, the they start fighting over something, and the man chases the woman through the house, probably intending to kill her, up a staircase and finds her in the room where the statue is, he runs to her, and she dodges him, and he ends up grabing the legs of the statue and then he himself slowly turns into chalk.

Does anybody know what the hell I'm talking about?

Skeleton FilmWorks

nix

"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

tpfkabi

i have this faint memory of some movie that probably came out in the late 80's maybe early 90's. anywho, i think there are a group of kids and they fight all sorts of monsters like werewolfs and vampires, etc.
i want to think there is a scene where a kid kicks a werewolf in the balls.
i want to say there is talk of silver bullets, but i'm pretty sure it's not the movie Silver Bullet with Corey Haim.
does this spark any kind of memory with anyone?

i've been redirected here.
someone mentioned Lost Boys, but i don't think it's that.
i think it's younger kids. i almost want to think they were going for a Goonies-ish angle, but with a horror element to it.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideasi have this faint memory of some movie that probably came out in the late 80's maybe early 90's. anywho, i think there are a group of kids and they fight all sorts of monsters like werewolfs and vampires, etc.
i want to think there is a scene where a kid kicks a werewolf in the balls.
i want to say there is talk of silver bullets, but i'm pretty sure it's not the movie Silver Bullet with Corey Haim.
does this spark any kind of memory with anyone?

i've been redirected here.
someone mentioned Lost Boys, but i don't think it's that.
i think it's younger kids. i almost want to think they were going for a Goonies-ish angle, but with a horror element to it.

Quote from: RegularKarate"WOLFMAN'S GOT NARDS!"

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1522

Skeleton FilmWorks