NAME THIS MYSTERIOUS MOVIE

Started by Jake_82, April 24, 2003, 08:53:14 PM

grazmataz71

thanks for all your efforts guys and trying to helpme out with this but non of the titles are correct.  im sure i didnt imagine this.  what i will do is wait until i see that 1 actor who i had seen in other films pop up in another film i see and get hes name and go from there.  cheers everyone

Reel

You're wrong. It's "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo"

Reel

The movie that doesn't exist and the Redditors who think it does

This is funny. The Millennial version of "The Day The Clown Cried" or entirely a figment of their imagination? I grew up watching a lot of Sinbad movies and knew him as an actor before standup comedian. Though I can't specifically recall such a movie, it seems entirely plausible to me that it would exist. What I wonder is how much these believers have investigated early 90's Sinbad movies where he might've just looked like a genie because that's how he always dressed?

polkablues

Racist-ass 90s kids can't tell Sinbad from Shaq.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Just Withnail

I just rewatched "Something Wild" because of obvious reasons, and that slow-mo shot of Aurdey throwing the gun down the storm drain felt extremely familiar. I feel there's a really similar shot in another film that either inspired this or was inspired by it, the shot just felt way too familiar, and I haven't seen the film in over ten years. A slow-mo shot of a gun sliding down a storm drain, while the shots around are normal speed.

Anyone?

wilder

Isn't that shot in Hard Eight?

Just Withnail

Bingo!

Turns out it wasn't slo-mo, but it was certainly this shot I was remembering.

ady22

Hello everyone, I'm Ady a total movie-a-holic from Herts in the UK. My brother has given me a movie to find and his description goes like this:

15-20 years ago (1997 - 2002)

lad in prison, befriended the prison guard-guvnor
was let out on experiment - with the agreement that he return (game of trust)
went out every day - return by a certain time
got to know this girl, met her every day, got a bit comfy one night and didn't come back, the guard got angry
with him, but he let him off, film pursued in that direction, with him being let out
NOT "The Night Visitor"

Any ideas are a big help! :)

jenkins

?. the details are different but that's what happens with memories

polkablues

Elements of the description remind me of Borstal Boy.

ady22

Pretty sure it's neither of those two films. Thanks all the same though.   :)

polkablues

ady22

YES! I think I just found this one! "Red State" 2011 - Reverend guy is played by Michael Parks, who was in QT's "Dawn Til Dusk" seems to fit.  :yabbse-smiley:

RegularKarate

Nice attempt at viral marketing, Kevin Smith.