Veronica Mars - 1st Season Really Good, Deserved To Be Watched

Started by modage, March 15, 2006, 11:39:39 PM

Kal

Thats what I thought... it kinda left a number of things open with the election, Logan, Piz, etc... but truth is that these were probably done before the time a final decision concerning the future of the series was made.

Hopefully its not the end of it...

tpfkabi

It was announced as the "Season" finale, and I think they had plenty of time to change it since it was cancelled a couple days earlier.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Kristen Bell says 'Mars' was special

Kristen Bell acknowledges that it's tough to let go of Veronica Mars, the wisecracking teenage sleuth she portrayed for three seasons on the TV series of the same name.

"It feels sort of like graduating high school. You really only recognize how special it was once it's gone away," Bell said in an interview. "And of course everyone graduates from different jobs, then they move on, but I don't know I'll find as special a show ever again. I think I'm only truly realizing that now."

The CW canceled "Veronica Mars" May 17. It has until June 15 to decide to bring the show back at midseason.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Crushing news for Veronica Mars fans

Here's "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas's email to TV Guide, today:

"I'm afraid I have to report that Veronica Mars is officially dead," he wrote. "At least in TV show form. There's really no way that it can happen now. I'm not sure the CW should've given the glimmer of hope. I think Dawn Ostroff genuinely would have liked to have continued on with a version of the show, but there was too much resistance around her. At the end of the day, it would've been kinder had the band aid simply been ripped off rather peeled away in than this agonizingly slow manner."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

haha, jesus christ, this is like that bug in starship troopers.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

'Veronica Mars' Flick Not Likely, Says Its Star
Source: MTV

She's Neptune's most promising P.I., but all of Veronica Mars' best detective skills won't be needed to solve the mystery of her own clouded future, star Kristen Bell insisted — an open and shut case of there, well, not actually being one.

"There is no future, unfortunately," Bell said. "Everybody's really, really sad to see it go, and we all just keep e-mailing each other. We're just missing everyone. [But] she has been laid to rest [and] may she rest in peace."

Since the series' abrupt cancellation at the end of last season, online scuttlebutt has rumored that there will one day be a "Veronica Mars" movie, possibly following Mars as she heads to the FBI. That's news to Bell, the 27-year-old actress declared.

"There's [rumored] talk of a movie one day. Maybe. Who knows?" she said, leaving open the possibility that a film version could eventually happen. "[But] we haven't even discussed it."

Not that she would be against doing one, of course, she said smiling. "Depends on how well I age," Bell laughed. "But I'd go wherever [the writers] took me. I think that they've always been utterly brilliant."

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

the bug in starship troopers that gets shot the fuck out of even after it's dead.

that's this show.
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

Veronica Mars: The Third Season will be released on DVD October 23rd 2007.

Looks like October is going to be an expensive month: Kubrick, The Hoax, The Tripper, You Kill Me, 28 weeks later, Coppola's Dracula, Entourage Season  Part 1, Hostel 2, Days of Heaven, Twin Peaks, Breathless, and now Veronica Mars.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

Quote from: SiliasRuby on August 18, 2007, 12:27:49 PM
Looks like October is going to be an expensive month: Kubrick, The Hoax, The Tripper, You Kill Me, 28 weeks later, Coppola's Dracula, Entourage Season  Part 1, Hostel 2, Days of Heaven, Twin Peaks, Breathless, and now Veronica Mars.

what? that's not too bad.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

BIG SCOOP! CREATOR ROB THOMAS CONFIRMS 'VERONICA MARS' MOVIE
He will write the script, Kristen Bell will star and Joel Silver will produce

THE SKINNY: At the tail end of this winter's television critic's event, Rob Thomas, who has resurrected his 1998 TV series CUPID for another go-around on ABC, announced that he's currently working on a VERONICA MARS feature film (based on his short-lived UPN/CW show), now that his new series order has been reduced from thirteen episodes to eight episodes.

"That means I have time to write the VERONICA MARS movie," he says. "But my writing the movie is half the battle. Someone else has to pay for it. Joel Silver does have a certain pile of money. He called on me saying 'Can we do this now?' Kristen wants to do it. Joel wants to do it and I want to do it. For me, that's the next project."

Although he wouldn't reveal exactly what the story would be, he did tell iF, "it's 70 percent broken in my head."

"I've been struggling with this one plot point and I'm hopeful to figure that out," he adds. "I watched the final episode of the series a few weeks ago and there were a lot of gaps and the plotting for the original came to me. I mean for the movie, I'm feeling like I'm on the right track now. But I don't want to give that away yet.

In terms of cast, Thomas says he's talked with Jason Dohring, Enrico Colantoni and Kristen Bell.

"Obviously," he says with a smile.

And while there were always talks of the character of Veronica Mars ending up at the F.B.I., he says that's not where the movie will be heading.

"The one thing that I will say is where it will pick up," says Thomas. "I know we did that F.B.I. 'what if' thing, but we would not go to that place. I think it would open just days before the Hearst College Graduation. So Veronica would be sort of at the end of her college career.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 19, 2009, 04:56:32 PM
BIG SCOOP! CREATOR ROB THOMAS CONFIRMS 'VERONICA MARS' MOVIE

THE SKINNY: At the tail end of this winter's television critic's event, Rob Thomas, who has resurrected his 1998 TV series CUPID for another go-around on ABC, announced that he's currently working on a VERONICA MARS feature film

"I've had two semi-good ideas my whole career. I'm just going to keep on rehashing them until someone stops me. Then I'll go find a black actor to pair with another ethnic actor and make big movies for big bucks," says Thomas.

:yabbse-shocked:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

©brad

Don't you have anything better to do with your money?! I don't understand kickstarter/people/anything.

ono

It's a win/win situation.  Did you read the sidebar?  People can choose how much to donate and they get back a part of the project based on how much they contribute.  Seems like a pretty good deal to me, especially for anyone who is a big fan of X project.