Xixax Dekapenticon Returns!

Started by modage, November 21, 2005, 08:02:18 AM

GoneSavage

Quote from: modage on December 09, 2005, 11:55:38 AM
are there (m)any more members who need an extension to get their lists together?
No.  You'd be changing it all for me.   

I've been crazy busy but am now jotting some down here at work.  It's hard to find the "greatest".  I'm not sure if you're looking for technical aspects, inspirational, great combination of all aspects (cinematography, screenplay, acting, etc), or what.  I'm sure I'm falling into the trap that most are, which is listing "favorites" instead of "greatest".  For instance, to me, Almost Famous is a wonderful film but it would look ridiculous on a list like this.  I'll have my list in by 11:59pm PST Saturday Dec 10.

Redlum

I thought it was "greatest favourites".
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: GoneSavage on December 09, 2005, 12:07:31 PM
I'm sure I'm falling into the trap that most are, which is listing "favorites" instead of "greatest".

Shit.  I wish I had read this before submitting my list.

One of these days, I'll do that spreadsheet of every film I've ever seen to make it easier for next time.

Gamblour.

I'm sure I'm falling into the trap that most are, which is listing "favorites" instead of "greatest". 

What the fuck? Did you vote last year? And remember we had this same problem, so the idea is to vote for your greatest favorites? like redlum said?
WWPTAD?

tpfkabi

i just voted for films that meant a lot to me. i had several revisions because then i thought "i need to represent this director," or "this movie is too recent." and then i just stopped worrying about it and said "that's good enough."

is there any way that after it's all over we could compile a list of all the nominations that didn't make the final vote?
this would offer a great guide of movies to pick from when anyone's searching out something else to see.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

JG

i know there are a few that ended up on my list that were way too recent and probably not as good as some other movies, but they found their way into my list anyway because they mean a lot to me. 

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

Quote from: bigideas on December 09, 2005, 09:33:55 PM
is there any way that after it's all over we could compile a list of all the nominations that didn't make the final vote?
this would offer a great guide of movies to pick from when anyone's searching out something else to see.

I second this, it would be very interesting I think.

Also, you're going to choose 50 flims, what if you have let's say four flims with the same number of votes but only two spots left to complete the list, if that happens what do you do? an admin vote or something? Just curious.

GoneSavage

Quote from: Gamblour on December 09, 2005, 09:11:55 PM

What the fuck? Did you vote last year? And remember we had this same problem, so the idea is to vote for your greatest favorites? like redlum said?
I did not vote last year?  I don't visit here as often as others?  Thanks for setting me straight?  Off to the polls?

ono

Quote from: onomabracadabra on December 08, 2005, 03:58:19 PM
Quote from: modagedon't put "the" before anything
Stupid question time: does that go for "a" and "an" too? Just trying to make your job easier.

Also...
Quote from: modage on December 09, 2005, 11:55:38 AM
are there (m)any more members who need an extension to get their lists together?
I could use another day or two, just to check out a few more movies I was considering.  Not essential, as I do have a list, but it would be nice.

cine

btw in case you guys didnt notice, mac's been campaigning his other set of films in this thread. and you thought we wouldnt notice. :elitist:

Gamblour.

haha

I know this is last last minute, but if the foreign title is "La Haine" for example, should we put the "La" because it does actually mean "the". or doesn't it? i'm putting it anyway.
WWPTAD?

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee