talent gone to waste

Started by soixante, March 15, 2003, 09:10:54 AM

Alexandro

Robert De Niro has been kind of wasted lately...the last time someone used him in an original, cool way was back in 97, in Tarantino's Jackie Brown...

Michael Keaton? the same

I hate the fact that the only director who actually uses Phillip Baker Hall's talent is Paul Thomas Anderson...I see Phil all over the place in small, cheap roles...

Owen Wilson
Will Ferrel
Val Kilmer should have a big comeback soon

Marlon Wayans
Barry Pepper...he's amazing in 25th hour...but...we need more

Dianne Wiest

cine

Quote from: AlexandroDianne Wiest

I agree. I've always thought she was a great actress and she's one of my favourites (especially because of the Woody Allen movies).

Vile5

Al Pacino pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee i love him but i can't find the Pacino of Dog Day Afternoon for these days, he need a really good character now!
Oh, and De Niro too
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Newtron

rustinglass

Quote from: Alexandro
I hate the fact that the only director who actually uses Phillip Baker Hall's talent is Paul Thomas Anderson...I see Phil all over the place in small, cheap roles...

Well, I haven't seen dogville yet but I've got great expectations.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Alethia

molly

Brendan Fraser, and Tom Cruise - untill Magnolia, I thought he mostly sucks. I also think there's not enough John Cusack. His sister is also good.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: ewardthe brat pack.

Oh yeah, this guy is just oooooozing talent. Get him the lead in the next PTA film.  :wink:

Alethia

pookiethecat

reese witherspoon.    such a great actress. so many shitty movies.
i wanna lick 'em.

prophet

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

pookiethecat

i wanna lick 'em.

coffeebeetle

Quote from: NewtronJudge Reinhold.

Hella kewwwl.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Just Withnail

Well, Pantalones mentioned Eddie Murphy back on page 2, and it seems we pretty much all agree on Robert DeNiro. Eddie should reaaaally get back into form, though I'm not sure he actually fits the topic, since it seems his talent ain't wasted, it just ain't there anymore. As for DeNiro, let's hope P.T. was serious in his statements on wanting to work with him, I bet that'll do the trick.

MacGuffin

Quote from: soixanteHow about Mark Wahlberg?  After Boogie Nights, he has made some truly terrible films (except when he works with David O. Russell).

Wahlberg Will Quit Acting at 40

Mark Wahlberg will quit acting when he hits 40 so he can concentrate on raising his daughter. The 34-year-old is devoted to two-year-old Ella Rae - his daughter with girlfriend Rhea Durham - and wants to dedicate the next six years to making enough money so he never has to work again. He says, "She's a much bigger responsibility than anything I have going. That's why now it's so important that my movies make money. "I want to work hard for the next six years, then put all the emphasis on family. I'd be disappointed if (later on) I'd have to work to provide for my family. That would be a failure. I don't want much. I just want to wake up when I feel like it, go to my little girl's soccer games, and make sure she has whatever she wants." And he isn't concerned about abandoning a successful movie career: "I've always looked at my career as an athlete would look at his. I won't play forever. Some don't know when to walk away, but the smart ones do."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks