talent gone to waste

Started by soixante, March 15, 2003, 09:10:54 AM

Jeremy Blackman

Billy Zane's best role ever was in CQ.

polkablues

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanBilly Zane's best role ever was in CQ.

"....Fabulous."

I also loved his bit role in "Zoolander":

"You should listen to your friend Billy Zane.  He's a cool guy."
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ernie

Lol, I love Billy Zane! Zoolander and CQ are brilliant.

ProgWRX

I gotta agree with Michael Keaton... he needs to work more.
-Carlos

oakmanc234

JEREMY PIVEN.

Watch 'Very Bad Things' (he's the dude who accidently kills the hooker) and you'll know what I mean.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Pubrick

Eric Stotlz, i dunno if he's been called..

i miss him tho,
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: oakmanc234JEREMY PIVEN.

Watch 'Very Bad Things' (he's the dude who accidently kills the hooker) and you'll know what I mean.

Agree totally that Piven's a great talent, disagree totally that "Very Bad Things" is a waste of it.  I loved "Very Bad Things".
My house, my rules, my coffee

Raikus

I seem to notice a lot of people that don't like Very Bad Things circulating out there. I'm with Polka, I thought it was one of the best dark comedies of the 90's.

While not trying to turn this thread into a "Did you like Very Bad Things? Why/Why not?", well did you? Why or why not?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

ProgWRX

i absolutely hated the wretchedness and patheticness of it....
just not my cup of tea...

i like depressing movies, but ..i dont know, i just truly hated this movie when i saw it in the theater, and have never wanted to see it again..  :?
-Carlos

Cecil

i absolutely loved the wretchedness and patheticness of it....
funny as hell

i laughed the whole time

BonBon85

To further the off topic-ness, I love Very Bad Things. IMDB says that Piven's role was supposed to be played by Adam Sandler, but he backed out at the last minute. It's probably the darkest of all the black comedies I've seen. Can anybody think of a darker comedy?

Raikus

Quote from: BonBon85It's probably the darkest of all the black comedies I've seen. Can anybody think of a darker comedy?

Oh... that's not what you meant?  :?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

Quote from: BonBon85Can anybody think of a darker comedy?

"Pink Flamingos"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

American Psycho

Cecil

clockwork orange.