Tim Roth

Started by Katre, September 11, 2005, 06:29:22 AM

Katre

I'm a really big fan of his.  He's one of those men that can play an unattractive nerd and a hot guy both convincingly. He has a chameleon-like feature to him, thanks to his superb acting chops too. I must say, with makeup, he can really be unrecognisable. I'm always wondering why Hollywood never came knocking for him. He's obviously pretty boy-ish enough and he's a great actor, even if he can't quite master the American accent. Yet he seems to get the short end of the straw all the time. It's not like he has a solid artistic integrity anyway. Hell, he did The Musketeer. He even said himself: "I have a bad time between jobs because I'm always convinced I'll never work again. I think it may be an English thing, this fear of unemployment." So he obviously takes whatever he can get. The only thing he ever turned down was "Sid & Nancy", because he's a big Sex Pistols fan and he thought the movie was too close to Sid's death. Why nobody ever gives him anything good is a wonder. But he's not fully innocent either. He was the first choice to play Snape in the HP movies. He dropped out to be in Planet of the Apes. Probably the dumbest thing he ever did.

And does anyone else think that he could have made the perfect Constantine instead of Keanu Reeves?

mogwai

he's great, especially in gridlock'd.

Garam

He plays a good toady in the cook, the thief, his wife & her lover.

His performance in Alan Clarke's Made in Britain is fantastic.

Plus, he's brilliant in all QT's stuff.

Alethia

he's a great director too..

polkablues

Quote from: ewardhe's a great director too..

Yeah!  "The War Zone" is a masterpiece.
My house, my rules, my coffee