actors who take themselves too seriously

Started by Pubrick, July 14, 2005, 02:34:54 AM

Pubrick

in other words, not so much overrated actors, but actors who overrate themselves. or however u interpret it..

andy garcia
sean penn
CHRIS TUCKER
john travolta
sam jackson
val kilmer
halle berry
emilio estevez

andy garcia especially gives me the impression he thinks  he's "one of the greatest" when really he should just be grateful soderbergh remembered he existed.

related thread: most annoying actors
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

Sean Penn and Chris Tucker are good choices for the top of the list. Followed by my own addition of Sean Astin.

I'd say Halle Berry is TEMPORARILY exempted for going to the Razzies.

mogwai

russell crowe
sean penn
cate blanchett
naomi watts
tom cruise

Ravi

Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas strike me as people who take themselves too seriously.

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

Raikus

Quote from: GhostboyFollowed by my own addition of Sean Astin.
My God is he pompous! I caught an episode of Celebrity Poker with him on there and beside being a horrible poker player, he wouldn't shut up. At all. Talking over everyone else and trying to reason away his horrible gamesmanship.

:yabbse-thumbup: Good choice on him.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Stefen

Tobey Maguire and Jake Gylenhal...one of them. Everytime I see these assholes they act like they are too cool for school, like they went to super high school grades 13 on instead of college. Anyone else get these vibes from these guys?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Kal

Colin Farrel for sure... he also tries too hard to be the rebel, laid back, badass...

Paris Hilton... but she cant even be taken as a serious person

Ravi

Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon (hell, anyone poked fun at in Team America)

pete

jane fonda.
dennis leary.
jeanne garofalo.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Pubrick

mmmaybe cameron diaz? at least for her bit in that Click poverty ad, and the MTV series Trippin.
under the paving stones.

salma and tom

edit: no wait, just salma.
context, context, context.