The Most POPULAR SONG Known To Man?

Started by Gabe, May 17, 2005, 09:35:08 PM

Raikus

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Pubrick

Quote from: Jay Tee Em
Quote from: Pubrickmacarena.

:shock:  i've never met anyone who likes that song.  i think ur confusing "popular" with "overplayed"
yeah that's what popular means dude. ur never gonna know "everyone's favorite" some beatle song maybe.

the thread is hilarious cos ppl are listing the most well-known. and yeah, macarena is pretty well known across nations.
under the paving stones.

modage

'cause they sing that thing in like EVERY country, have you seen those kids?  :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gabe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Who thinks there is still potential for new sounds to Rock and Shock the world? ( although judging by macguffin's guesses, if they are right, seem to be pretty dull. )

jtm

i went on "it's a small world" ride at Disneyland on acid once.

it was the single most frightening experience of my life.  i don't know why i thought it would be fun to trip at Disneyland.

Gabe

I would trip at Disneyland RIGHT NOW if given the oppurtunity. . .

But thanks for the heads up.

jtm

Quote from: JaruebiI would trip at Disneyland RIGHT NOW if given the oppurtunity. . .

But thanks for the heads up.

seriously man, don't do it.  go to Magic Mountain instead.

Gabe

Not with those Thorns at the bottom of the Waterfall !!! Hell No. My ass would stay in TomorrowLand. The Alien Encounter show would surely be avoided as well. And the Animal Kingdom might be a great place if Acid is at all similar to mushrooms, because when I trip on mushrooms I feel very at touch with nature, and the world, really.

But lets not make this a Thread about DisneyLand, OR drugs, for that matter.

Continuing the Discussion ( if those even exist here )

Regardless of Artistic intent with sounds,
What is the single most recognizable sound to humans?
Is it our mother's voice? or a loud crash? or maybe a fart?

Hehe. Fart.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Jay Tee Emseriously man, don't do it.  go to Magic Mountain instead.

Not Splash Mountain.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jtm

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Jay Tee Emseriously man, don't do it.  go to Magic Mountain instead.

Not Splash Mountain.

what's that mean?

and for the record, i don't do drugs anymore.

except weed

MacGuffin

Quote from: Jay Tee Emwhat's that mean?

Quote from: JaruebiNot with those Thorns at the bottom of the Waterfall !!! Hell No. My ass would stay in TomorrowLand.

Quote from: MacGuffinNot Splash Mountain.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jtm

i gotcha.  :)

Quote from: Jaruebi

a phone ringing.

Gabe

Gabe

I think Farting might really be the most universal noise known to mankind, since an anus has the same design wherever you go, it will indefinately make the same noise, however the smell will vary depending on what country you are in ( Mexico, China, you get the deal ) and In the city Of San Francisco, farts are apparently not the most universal noise, since they instead take on the light wispy sound of the wind. The most commonly recognized sound in that city, is of course, The queer eye theme song.

" Since you, came into my life
 I tell you the world never looked so Bright
 Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
 You
 You wanna have sex with me
 Cuz I'm queer
 Yeah, Yeah, Yeah ( blonde guy: Get 'em Girls! ) "

Quote from: Jaruebi

a tequila claxon.
context, context, context.