I don't play videogames either.

Started by w/o horse, May 17, 2005, 12:43:44 PM

w/o horse

The PS3 specs are out.  They want to launch the system at $300, and:

QuoteDisc Media
CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

It looks like this (notice the Spider-Man styled text):

I know Sony and Toshiba are working together to make a new next generation video disc, but from what I hear PS3 will then change from Blu-ray to whatever that is.

What I'm saying is:  for the less rich of us, $300 for a player capable of playing both the newest discs and all the old ones is mighty nice.  What do you think the yet unnamed HD disc players will sell for in the beginning?  They started out at 2K in Japan, right?  I think I got my DVD player in '97 for $400.  Both those prices are higher than the PS3's $300.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Myxo

Well, considering that the PS3 will play HD DVDs, I'm in. It's also using Blueray technology which I think allows them to fit the equivalent of 8 DVDs onto one disc. Keep in mind that the PS2 launched at $399 I think. Now they just need a wireless version for internet connectivity like the new XBOX will have and they're really set.

Ravi

RegularKarate

The breadbox looks a lot cooler.

This thing isn't going to play DVD-audio or Playstation 1?  Well I never...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

w/o horse

This topic is just about the function of the PS3 as an HD DVD player.

Which I guess isn't interesting.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

w/o horse

I'm sorry, I meant to say that I would rather have a boring conversation about the implications of the PS3 being a cheap HD DVD player than talk about any videogame ever or what the controllers look like or anything in that thread that you have postd the link to twice even though everyone already knows it exists.

I should have been more specific.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I just don't see why it needs its own thread when another thread exists that is discussing the same thing at the very same time.  They're talking about controllers now, sure, but if you say something about the system's movie playback capabilities or whatever, what's the idea that it's going to see more discussion here than there?

Quote from: Walrus?I just don't see why it needs its own thread when another thread exists that is discussing the same thing at the very same time.  They're talking about controllers now, sure, but if you say something about the system's movie playback capabilities or whatever, what's the idea that it's going to see more discussion here than there?
you're not in control or responsible for the maintenance and order of where discussions go so it is not really your concern. do you not realize this off-topic, irrelevant and negative criticism is part of the problem macguffin was discussing in the ask gt thread?