Reality TV

Started by MacGuffin, February 20, 2005, 03:07:10 PM

Pubrick

i just saw Surviving Nugent: The Ted Commandments. i guess it could be called the second season, tho technically it isn't a season long. i think it's the best reality show experience i've had since the amazing race.

maybe it was the shortness of it all that got me hooked, i saw the whole series in a couple of hours, but it's easily pound for pound the most entertaining reality show i've seen in a while. the asshole was extremely hatable, the hot chicks were quite to my liking, there were plenty of random developments, and the characters were well defined. best of all, the right ppl won.

the only thing that sucked was that there were too few episodes.
under the paving stones.

Cecil

someone has to help me out: i was watching my big fat obnoxious boss and missed the last episodes, so i have no idea who the "real" boss is. help me obi-wan kenobi, youre my only hope

Gamblour.

P, did you catch the first season of Surviving Nugent? It was an amazing experience. I felt like people actually grew and learned on that show. Nugent is a badass.

Cecil, I read on AICN long ago that the boss was a monkey.
WWPTAD?

Cecil

hahahahhahahahahahhhhh

MacGuffin

Britney Spears and new hubby to use reality TV to hit back at tabloids

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Pop princess Britney Spears and husband Kevin Federline will make a reality television show in a bid to counter tabloid press gossip about them, Daily Variety said.

The pair, who parried in September after a five-month whirlwind romance, have signed up to make the fly-on-the-wall show for the American UPN cable network as Spears' moves to settle a score with the media.

The show, which is expected to premiere later this year, will document the story of the fabled courtship of megastar Spears and unknown back-up dancer Federline, their engagement and secret wedding.

"From the day that Kevin and I met, there have been constant rumors and inaccurate speculation about our lives together," Spears was quoted as saying by the entertainment industry bible, Variety.

"I feel that last year the tabloids ran my life and I am really excited about showing my fans what really happened rather than all the stories, which have been misconstrued by journalists in the past.

As I mentioned before, I am now going to be expressing my personal life through art," said the blonde bombshell who stunned her fans and the world when she secretly married Federline six months ago.

The show, six episodes of which have been ordered, will primarily use video footage taken by Spears, 23, and Federline, 27, which will be complemented with additional camera work and commentaries.

UPN Entertainment president Dawn Ostroff said the series would give the couple the chance to "tell their love story their way."

The couple will host the series, walking viewers through the story of their relationship, Ostroff said. "They'll tell viewers, 'This is when we first met' or 'This is when we started dating,'" the executive said.

In the face of intense rivalry by networks to make the show, UPN teamed up with one of its sister companies, MTV Music Group Channels, to fund and produce the series, which has not yet been given a title.

"The competition for the show was pretty heated, and we were able to reach out to MTV Networks and put together a deal," Ostroff said of the five half-hour episodes and a one-hour show showing the couple's wedding.

The singer's relationship with father-of-two Federline caused a firestorm of media speculation that infuriated Spears, including reports that their wedding ceremony was a sham.

On Tuesday, Spears posted a defiant message to journalists who write what she considers to be inaccurate stories about her on her website.

"I'm really concerned about the people you hire to work at your companies," she wrote, adding that she hoped her message would cause the tabloids and magazines do some soul-searching.

"Your employees are a reflection of your magazine. Do you -- Us Weekly, In Touch, Star and other desperate magazines -- want employees who are honest, or those who are liars? It seems to me that you'd prefer the latter," she wrote.

Spears said that journalists who write false or malicious articles about her and her husband were either frustrated because they are "50 pounds overweight," because their children are acting up or because their partners are cheating on them.

"Until you face what is going on in your life, I guess you'll remain a false tabloid," the angry pop diva said.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Raikus

UPN, huh? Finally something to fill the void left by "The Mullets" on White Trash Wednesdays.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Kal

I dont know whats the point of making this... nobody will be interested... but at least they have a chance if they put it on one of the big four networks, or MTV... with UPN they have nothing!

Besides, by the time the show airs they will probably be divorced

Pwaybloe

Stefen

haha pwaybloe. federline is such a chump, dude always tries to dress all street and hip with his vintage atari shirts and the sporatic stubble on his face. he had an awful nosejob too. that doc really butchered his schnoz. you see that alot more often.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

NEON MERCURY

"ya'll bettuz backs da fuck off now!  i fucked britney.  what you dones?"

Stefen

hahah man, i hate that guy. I would seriously break his face if i saw him, he sucks. i'd slam his nose into my knee, then sue him. plus, his wifes got pimples.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: MacGuffinBritney Spears and new hubby to use reality TV to hit back at tabloids

It's like a massive train wreck (although a crash would be more exciting to watch). It's hard to look away yet I know I should move along and I know I'll never have this time back.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Its on the UPN, how popular could it be?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Reality TV is a shitty fad that just won't die.  A lot of people claim it's just a guilty pleasure, or have some excuse for watching it, but it's mindless bullshit where people over dramatize situations, or in the case of game shows, brings out the sadist in every viewer.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

i guess it comes down to whether u like The Running Man or not..

under the paving stones.