The Stanley Kubrick Archives

Started by Gold Trumpet, February 10, 2005, 05:07:09 PM

cowboykurtis

does any one know if the edition with the 70mm neg have been bought up?

did they print a limited number of the books? i'm worried this is a limited edition print, and i'm gonna miss the boat.
...your excuses are your own...

Pubrick

oh, the same link from page 1? thanks.
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

so how many are in the first pressing of the book? and what frames did u get? also, can u tell me in the (perfect) metric system the dimensions of the book wide open? also the weight if u can. i could convert the specs from what amazon says but that will kill the impact. thanks.

i'm gonna get this.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

I just received this as a gift.

WOW!

I haven't seen it all but the pics of his films are awesome, so for me the best is yet to come.

Quote from: Pubrick
so how many are in the first pressing of the book?

:yabbse-raiseshand:

and what frames did u get?

Not so lucky in that department, not that I'm complaining, it's a graphic, I know of guys who got frames from the disconnection of HAL and from HAL himself, those lucky bastards.  :yabbse-angry:

also, can u tell me in the (perfect) metric system the dimensions of the book wide open?

Not now, I'm at work, but I'll get back to you tomorrow.

also the weight if u can. i could convert the specs from what amazon says but that will kill the impact. thanks.

I'm not sure if I can help you there, I had something in the house but apparently doesn't work right now, I'll check later.

i'm gonna get this.

You should have gotten this by yesterday already, GO BUY NOW!

modage

i am using this book as further motivation to find a job in new york.  when, (if) i can get a job in my field i will reward myself with the Eraserhead (& Shorts) DVD's and this book.  let's hope this happens soon.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: themodernage02i will reward myself with the Eraserhead (& Shorts) DVD's and this book.  let's hope this happens soon.

a quick sidetrack - has anyone had problems with their eraserhead dvd? ive watched mine only three times and its already disintegrating - can't watch it anymore - i get digital fragments all over the screen - maybe these dvds were not authored correctly.

anyone else experience these technical difficulties?

Brazoliange

mine and my friend's Eraserhead DVDs are fine..
Long live the New Flesh

Fernando

Quote from: Fernando

also, can u tell me in the (perfect) metric system the dimensions of the book wide open?

Not now, I'm at work, but I'll get back to you tomorrow.

82cm or 32.28"

I have a scale also but its broken, so I can't help you with the weight thing.

Pubrick

brilliant. thanks.

amazon now says it's $126.00. wha?

i guess the first run is over?
under the paving stones.

cowboykurtis

how are neg. frames contained - are they in a negative holder that is seperate from the book?  

id probably mount and frame the neg if i had one of these sweet little guys - shit i gotta get this.

also is it actual work print neg or a interpositive release print neg?

cowboykurtis

Quote from: flagpolespecialthe frames are held in a plastic sleeve that is stuck onto one the first pages of the book.

i don't know much about film. but i think, i'm guessing, it's a interpositive release print neg. i really don't know the difference. sorry. maybe you could explain the difference and i could tell you which it is.

the best way to determine is seeing if the image is in a positive color space or negative color space.

cowboykurtis

has anyone listened to the audio interview yet?

its really such a joy to hear such an in depth and casual conversation with him.

before this I think I had heard no more than 30 seconds of audio from kubrick.

Pubrick

my order was cancelled and i'm getting a refund cos the ppl selling it are jerks.

i will try again, dammit, i prolly won't get a print. the novelty of it is half the point!
under the paving stones.

Fernando

Quote from: Pubrickmy order was cancelled and i'm getting a refund cos the ppl selling it are jerks.

i will try again, dammit, i prolly won't get a print. the novelty of it is half the point!

Damn, that really sucks! Where did you order it?

If it wasn't through amazon you should try that, I had no problem at all with it.