The Stanley Kubrick Archives

Started by Gold Trumpet, February 10, 2005, 05:07:09 PM

I Don't Believe in Beatles

My frame looks like this, minus the chairs:

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Pozer

mine is exactly that - with chairs

hedwig

here's what i got..

Quote from: JG on August 27, 2006, 05:02:11 PM
is the purchase worth it without the frames?  amazon lists it as 126 now anyway. 
just so everyone knows, amazon is still selling books from the first pressing with the frames included. for some reason they're shipping them out of order, so if you buy one now you might get frames from the middle of the movie.

Fernando

Quote from: Fernando on June 21, 2005, 05:07:07 PM
PICOLAS MODAGE HEDWIG U FREAKING LUCKY BASTARD!  :evil: :yabbse-cool:

Best frame so far.

JG

Quote from: Hedwig on September 06, 2006, 03:00:41 PM
here's what i got..

Quote from: JG on August 27, 2006, 05:02:11 PM
is the purchase worth it without the frames?  amazon lists it as 126 now anyway. 
just so everyone knows, amazon is still selling books from the first pressing with the frames included. for some reason they're shipping them out of order, so if you buy one now you might get frames from the middle of the movie.

wow thank you so much. 

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

cine

lets send it to neil's stalker as an obscure scare tactic.

Ghostboy

I finally bought a copy. My frame(s):

JG

After much waiting, debating, and then some more waiting, its finally here.  School will have to take the back seat for a while, this is a huge thrill for me. 

Here's the frame:

Chest Rockwell

Well it would seem my frame < everyone else's.

Figures.

JG

i've already read the shining and eyes wide shut section (my 2 favs).   :)

anyways, how are you suppose to get that audio CD out, i'm scared i'll do it wrong and ruin the packaging, and its only a few inches away from my precious frames! 

Pubrick

Quote from: JG on September 21, 2006, 06:13:16 AM
anyways, how are you suppose to get that audio CD out,
with your fingers.

if you're scared this will rip the page, lose some weight.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

Quote from: Pubrick on September 21, 2006, 06:34:01 AM
Quote from: JG on September 21, 2006, 06:13:16 AM
anyways, how are you suppose to get that audio CD out,
with your fingers.

if you're scared this will rip the page, lose some weight.
i gotta admit i was a bit of a puss about it too.  it's got a flap underneath on the plastic that you open.  don't peel the whole thing off.

i've had the book for a while now, and when i'm lacking inspiration (especially on a saturday morn) nothing provides a better kick in the arse than that mammoth mfer. 

best. purchase. ever.     

JG

yeah i wasn't sure if it was suppose to come right off. 

bonanzataz

Quote from: JG on September 20, 2006, 05:14:29 PM
After much waiting, debating, and then some more waiting, its finally here.  School will have to take the back seat for a while, this is a huge thrill for me. 

Here's the frame:

me too. this frame always makes me feel really weird whenver i see it b/c it's slightly off center and off kilter while the rest of the film's shots are so perfectly composed. i don't know how much i like having this frame in my house.

yeah, i gave into peer pressure. all you guys were getting them and they looked so big and impressive. like my dick. i had to have one.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls