Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: modagewith j.j. off doing mi3, will lost suffer an alias like nosedive?  macguffin your thoughts....

I wanna read the EW cover article to get an idea of where they are taking the series, but right now I would say Lost has the better writing staff than Alias, so I have higher hopes that it will stay it's course (despite the casting of Michelle Rodriguez). Where Alias has gone wrong is that it tried something different that didn't work and then they tried to go back to basics by wiping the slate clean, but that has only made the show feel repetitive.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

and the less said about the last season of Felicity, the better.

wow, what a borefest.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

ABC thriller 'Lost' wins Emmy for best drama

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The popular new castaway thriller "Lost," which helped lead a ratings rebound at the ABC television network last season, won the Emmy Award on Sunday for best drama series.

The eerie episodic drama, about a group of plane crash survivors marooned on a spooky, remote island, was widely seen as sparking a new wave of high-concept, supernatural shows coming to prime time this fall. The Emmys are the U.S. TV industry's top awards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Backstage notes: Abrams praises 'Lost' cast

J.J. Abrams, who won the directing nod for a drama series, explained why the first season of "Lost" ended with riddles rather than resolution. "Our goal was to frustrate the hell out of you," he joked. "We tried to give the end a sense of a new chapter. ... It's an amazing thing to see this thing evolve."

As for "Lost's" success, Abrams credited the series' talented, diverse cast. "We cast actors who inspired us," he said. "As well as a script can be written or the show be directed, ultimately it's the cast that compels people to watch."

And with ABC, "Lost" has found a loving home, Abrams said. "(The network was) remarkably supportive of us and the show," he added. "It feels like it is where it should be." Likewise, the series' creator said Hawaii is perfect locale for his baby. "They were faster than any crew I've ever worked with," Abrams said of the island work force. "They do an amazing job."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

SPOILERS

1) Not much was revealed... I thought we would find more out.
2) I knew the scottish dude would be the guy from the begining
3) Why would the INSIDE of the hatch door say "Quarantine"... they know they're quarantined, the point of the sign is usually to keep people out.
4) Still an exciting episode... I hope the others show up on the outside... I think the guy inside is a good guy and NOT working with "the others".

Gamblour.

This was an awesome episode. Probably the best use of the flashback so far, maybe next to any of Sawyer's stories. And I love how they made Jack look younger...just like when he was on Party of Five.
WWPTAD?

polkablues

Quote from: RegularKarate
3) Why would the INSIDE of the hatch door say "Quarantine"... they know they're quarantined, the point of the sign is usually to keep people out.

Unless it's not the people inside that are being quarantined, but the people outside.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Quote from: polkablues
Quote from: RegularKarate

Unless it's not the people inside that are being quarantined, but the people outside.

Thats what I thought.

SPOILERS

I loved the beginning, showing the guy go through his day like anybody else. And the way they built the whole place was cool. Also I liked that they focused a lot on Jack, Kate and Locke, and the Hatch, and they didnt go into what happened to the guys at the raft yet.

grand theft sparrow

SPOILERS

I have to watch the episode again but apparently the person Jack's ex-wife killed in the crash was Shannon's father.   :shock:

Tictacbk

I don't know what to make of this at all but i do think that the scottish guy is a good guy with some sort of super natural powers.  When Jack first met him he said the surgery was a failure and then the scottish dude was like well what if it just turned out alright?  And then it did.  How or why he ended up in a hatch on a mysterious island filled with electronics from various decades? i don't know.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: TictacbkI don't know what to make of this at all but i do think that the scottish guy is a good guy with some sort of super natural powers.  When Jack first met him he said the surgery was a failure and then the scottish dude was like well what if it just turned out alright?  And then it did.  How or why he ended up in a hatch on a mysterious island filled with electronics from various decades? i don't know.

This is what a friend of mine posted on the Lost message board on ABC.com.

Quote from: My friend Benhttp://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lostoctagon2hr.jpg

This is the logo on Desmond's jumpsuit, and his medicine cabinet, and
the computer, and several places along the walls of the hatch.  It's
tough to make out, but some of our brighter minds have discerned that
the company (as this is surely a logo) is called Dharma.

"Dharma is a cosmic principle that is difficult, if not impossible, to
define. Our Dharma is our true place in the cosmic process: in time, in
space, in awareness, in thought, deed and desire. The eternal principle
of Dharma determines the harmonious functions of the cosmic machine. In
order that we fulfil our role in the divine play we must behave within
our Dharma. That is, we ought to do the right thing, at the right time,
In the right way, and for the right reason. By this we attain balance.
To establish balance within ourselves ensures our own welfare and the
welfare of society. And opens the path prepared for us by the divine."

You can also see, in the center of what is a recreation of the I Ching
circle, a swan.  I don't think it's too far of a stretch to connect the
dots thusly:

Desmond is a representative of a group that turns spiritual "ugly
ducklings" into "swans".  And there you have it, folks, the key to the
entire series.

I think he's part right.  I think it's more that Desmond is the happy medium between Jack and Locke.  If he works for Dharma and dharma is, roughly, about balance, then I think that he is the only way that Jack and Locke are going to be able to work together.  Because the logo may look like a swan but it looks like a yin-yang as well.  And Desmond did say he was almost a doctor, so he's got the science like Jack, but got Jack thinking "what if" about Sarah being able to walk again, he has faith like Locke.  The episode's title is "Man of Science, Man of Faith."  We assumed that it was referring to Jack and Locke but now I'm positive it's referring to Desmond.

Gamblour.

SPOILERS maybe

My sister sent me a link about Rousseau's theory of mirrored genes, how we all have a twin, and how the cursed numbers on Lost hook up with them. Here's a link:
http://forums.go.com/abc/primetime/lost/thread?threadID=562343&forumStart=0
WWPTAD?

polkablues

Quote from: GamblourSPOILERS maybe

My sister sent me a link about Rousseau's theory of mirrored genes, how we all have a twin, and how the cursed numbers on Lost hook up with them. Here's a link:

It's a very cool theory.  Or it would be, if it wasn't made up out of whole cloth.  There is no such thing as Rousseau's theory of mirrored genes.  Somebody (either someone connected with the show or a fan of the show) concocted the whole thing.  Fun to read, though!
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: polkablues
Quote from: GamblourSPOILERS maybe

It's a very cool theory.  Or it would be, if it wasn't made up out of whole cloth.  There is no such thing as Rousseau's theory of mirrored genes.  Somebody (either someone connected with the show or a fan of the show) concocted the whole thing.  Fun to read, though!

That's disappointing.  First Walken isn't running for president, now this shit!   :yabbse-angry:

Kal

If you Google any of those things you realize its bullshit... but its still very interesting if its somehow connected to the show...