Christina Ricci

Started by ono, September 25, 2004, 12:39:06 AM

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Cinephileive seen the movie and yeah, that grave of the fireflies thing IS kind of a spoiler..  :yabbse-undecided:

how?

cine

uh SPOILER [i think its getting obvious now]

i know its given away that the boy dies.. but his sister? i know we could assume that would inevitably happen but we don't know yet. maybe she stays with the family and doesn't run away. who knows. it's definitely giving it away that they would both die though.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Cinephileuh SPOILER [i think its getting obvious now]

i know its given away that the boy dies.. but his sister? i know we could assume that would inevitably happen but we don't know yet. maybe she stays with the family and doesn't run away. who knows. it's definitely giving it away that they would both die though.

right after he dies in the beginning, you see fireflies encircle and then the little girl's ghost appears. No spoiler.

cine

oh right, well regardless its not a movie everyones seen around here.. all of 6 people posted about it in its thread. so i think that should be left up to the viewer to discover rather than you pointing it out beforehand.. whether it happens at the beginning or not.

modage

well i dont need to see Grave Of The Fireflies now.  thanks spoilerinos.  :doh:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.