Favorite Coen Bros. Movie?

Started by Satcho9, January 09, 2003, 03:50:07 PM

sphinx

Quote from: pappys defenderi am w. lee o'daniels great grandson. i have just seen o' brother. i am mad. the misrepresentation by the coen "visionary" makes me want to turn into a litigous toad. my name is sean devereaux wrather. i needed to vent, and if i ever see a coen i'm going to make what goodman did to those three look tame.................i will be in l.a for three weeks starting feb. 14 so it might be a good idea to take a vacation otherwise he and i will talk. maybe i'll just make up stuff about those creeps relatives that can't defend themselves

you can't hide from the ip police, bickle

picolas

Quote from: sphinxyou can't hide from the ip police, bickle

that wasn't very sporting...two secrets given away today...

sphinx

actually, my above post isn't true.  find out more in the place with the secrets...

Kaldhaedni

Blood Simple and the Man Who wasn´t there are my fav's but I think Fargo kind of doesn´t get the atention it deserves anymore.

SHAFTR

I like The Big Lewbowski, Fargo and Raising Arizona.  In that order.

I really didn't like O Brother Where Art Thou, so much that the I never got thru it.  I own the Man Who Wasn't There (won it) and I watched it once, liked it but haven't got around to watching it again.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Raikus

I'm going to have to say Raising Arizona is my favorite. It was the first Coen Brothers movie I saw and has always had that special place in my heart. Next would be Fargo, followed by Man Who Wasn't There, followed by Big Lewbowski.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Duck Sauce

My least favorite are Barton Fink, Millers Crossing and Blood Simple.

Pedro

A tie between The Man Who Wasn't There and Fargo...it's hard to choose from that.  I must admit, however, and I will get shit for this...the Big Lebowski is my least favorite Coen Brothers film.

Cecil

wait until rk sees that. you are in a world of pain, mister

Ghostboy

I love all their films, but Miller's Crossing and Big Lebowski are my least favorite. My top three would have to be Fargo, Raising Arizona and Barton Fink, but it's really hard to play favorites with any pieces of their oveure. Truly brilliant, those boys are. I was heartbroken when their adaptation of To The White Sea with Brad Pitt fell through...that book is so good, and it would have been such a great film for them to make.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat...the Big Lebowski is my least favorite Coen Brothers film.

You must not have a soul... or a sense of humor... or taste.

Those are things you should get, then see the movie again.

oakmanc234

'O Brother Where Art Thou' would have to be my favourite. So damn entertaining. I love 'The Big Lebowski' though. Bridges was perfect and Goodman cracks me up everytime ('Shut the f*** up Donny!', 'Do you see what happens Larry when you f*** a stranger in the ass!!!') and 'Fargo' was pure brilliance (Buscemi was excellent) but 'O Brother' tops my list. 'Man Who Wasn't There' is a very fine film but I wouldn't watch that film a billion times like I do with 'Brother' 'Lebowski' and 'Fargo' (I couldn't even sit through 'Man' once).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Ernie

I love Lebowski, O Brother, and Raising Arizona. Those are definitely my favorites. They never will get old for me, I just love them.

I also really like Barton Fink, The Man Who Wasn't There, and Blood Simple.

I hate Fargo.

I haven't seen Miller's Crossing or The Hudsucker Proxy.

BonBon85

I know this probably sounds weird, but Hudsucker Proxy's probably my favorite. My least favorite is O Brother, but I haven't watched it in a while and I think it deserves a second chance.

Recce

I'd have to say "Fargo", but I also really enjoyed "Oh, Brother, Where art thou"
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")