What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

Bram

Reinhold

enjoy blissfully yours. it's a tough one but, like the director's other work, is fantastic. syndromes murdered me.

for my senior project.

because i love space documentaries.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Astrostic

Bram

Well, I borrowed them from a friend, but after watching them I'm sure I'm going for a rampage to own all his stuff. I had some trouble with Blisfully Yours (I liked it though), but really I fell in love with Tropical Malady and Syndromes and a Century. I can't wait for his new films, because he seems to get better everytime he makes one!

samsong

mysterious object at noon is lovely.
i'm a little confused by the reservations about blissfully yours, in that i'm not sure how one can find it any more confounding than his other work.  granted the two other people who've seen it only said it was "tough[er]" before expressing their enjoyment, but i think blissfully yours is every bit as mesmerizing and moving as tropical malady and syndromes and a century.  opening credit sequence 40 minutes into the movie?  fantastic.
anyway, no other like him.  among my favorite contemporary filmmakers.

hedwig

private witt

"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

squints

Here we go again...

Btw, the commentary on episode one is fantastic

as is this..http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/04172009/watch.html
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

matt35mm

Thanks for that Moyers interview.  I'm watching it now and it's great!

hedwig

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Speaking of gorgeously violent cartoons.  I can't remember the last movie I've watched in such close proximity to the same viewing, other than trying to get friends to see it.  When in doubt, I just pop this bad boy in.  It's everything that's cool about Heavy Metal, but more refined and in a cooler universe.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Stefen

It's been in my XBox for 2 weeks. I still haven't watched it and sent it back to Netflix. SOON.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

you sound like me nowadays.

ive noted this movie some time ago namely cos of Pubrick's recommendation (i think. i think.) finally netflixd it and it's been trapped in my player waiting to be played.