What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Too late for nominations, unfortunately...
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

hedwig

would you have voted for "The 2nd Half of The Squid and The Whale"?  :shock:

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Quote from: Hedwig on April 01, 2006, 11:55:52 PM
would you have voted for "The 2nd Half of The Squid and The Whale"?  :shock:

hahah, you saw that? 

After that happened I tried it on a different DVD player.  And it started from the beginning!  For some reason whenever I put it in the first DVD player, it starts at chapter 7 and won't let me go before that.  By the time I posted in this thread I'd finally seen the whole movie.

Anyway... I might have voted for the second half if I'd seen it while nominations were still going.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

McfLy

i'm on a Reagan-era Cold War propaganda kick.

Check out Sam Peckinpah's "The Osterman Weekend" if you haven't already.

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

penfold0101

"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

penfold0101

"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

picolas

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

penfold0101

Sunrise

I watched All the Real Girls last week. I liked it, but was hoping for a little more. High hopes for GW.