DVD Evaluations

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, April 19, 2004, 11:07:45 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Here's thething, I'll put up a short evaluation of a DVD, list some features of it, give it X out of 5 stars, and then list a DVD that I'm unsure of.  The next poster will evaluate that DVD, and then do another.

If after a while no one can evaluate the DVD, someone can evaluate another one, and suggest another. n (I'm sure pretty much all of us own the DVD I listed, it's just an example to get the idea out to you)
------------------------------------------------------

Punch Drunk Love DVD

Wondeful transfer, it's also scoring some points for being superbit.  As for special features, this DVD isn't packing them too well.  It had some Scopitones which lose their cool factor as there is little to do with them.  The Matress Man commerical is funny, but is depressing as it's the only deleted scene (or extra or whatever it is).

The movie itself ranks pretty highly, but the extra stuff with it leaves a bit to be desired (especially since it's such a good movie.)

So as for the casing, a little inconvienent, but it looks pretty cool.

I give it 3/5 stars.

Next: The "Scenes From A Marriage" Criterion
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

I think Home Theater Forum or some of the DVD sites would be better for audio and video evaluations, since most of us probably don't know what exactly to look for, and we may not have the best home theaters.

RegularKarate

Is having trouble with this thread (which will soon die)

rustinglass

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobI'm sure pretty much all of us own the DVD I listed

think again
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

cine

Quote from: rustinglass
Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobI'm sure pretty much all of us own the DVD I listed
think again
Count me in.

Chest Rockwell

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

All right, fuck it.

Lock this up.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye