the genius of steve martin

Started by sphinx, February 24, 2003, 08:45:24 PM

sphinx

let's not talk about his upcoming movie, but rather the past and more current works of the man, steve martin.

he was on saturday night live's latest episode (christopher walken host) in one of the most random cameos i've ever seen ever.  one of my most favourite works of his is 'dirty rotten scoundrels', which is worth purchasing the number of copies equal to your age just for the physical comedy.

Xixax

Yes, I've been a huge Steve Martin fan since I was old enough to understand what the dirty parts of his comedy records meant! He's not only underrated as an actor, but as a talent in general.

He's been great in so many things. Novacaine, The Jerk... Of course he's made a few stinkers, too ("Man with Two Brains" or "Pennies from Heaven" anyone?) My personal favorite is L.A. Story.

He's so great. A good thread for a well deserving guy.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

BonBon85

I just saw on imdb that he's going to be in a film adaptation of "Cheaper by the Dozen." I remember reading that book in the 5th grade. I was all excited just for the nostalgia of it but then I saw that they list Queen Latifah as being in it and now see that this is probably just a mix up with his new movie. This make BonBon sad.

sphinx

and also his own adaptation of 'Picasso at the Lapin Agile'....

"This comedy, based on Steve Martin's successful stage play concerns a fictional meeting between a young Pablo Picasso and a young Albert Einstein at a Paris Cafe at the turn of the 20th Century. The colorful cast of characters includes the addlepated cafe owner, Freddy, Picasso's sexy young femme dujour, his pompous art dealer, and a mysterious visitor from the future."

martin plays the visitor from the future

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Roxanne
Little Shop Of Horrors
Parenthood
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
The Spanish Prisoner
Grand Canyon
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Satcho9

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for The Three Amigos. Not his best work. But seeing it repeatedly as a child made me...uh...i dont exactly know....but the film and I are on good terms..

life_boy

Quote from: Satcho9I will always have a soft spot in my heart for The Three Amigos. Not his best work. But seeing it repeatedly as a child made me...uh...

...cream your pants?

life_boy

Sorry, it was there and I took it.

Jeremy Blackman

There will be no John Hughes allowed on this message board... thank you.

polkablues

I'm the only person I know who has seen, bought, and loved "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid".

And I liked "Man With Two Brains", dagnabbit.
My house, my rules, my coffee

phil marlowe

jtm

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanThere will be no John Hughes allowed on this message board... thank you.

............ :cry:

Xixax

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanThere will be no John Hughes allowed on this message board... thank you.
OK, as a representing old fart "child of the 80's" I resent that.

Sixteen Candles and Breakfast Club had Molly Ringwald in her HOT AS FIRE days, so they must be good for something. Those movies pretty much defined us. Shame on you, JB.

Although I guess I can't be too harsh since I diss the Beatles every chance I get.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

sphinx

Quote from: Phil MarloweI hate Steve Martin.

get the fuck out of my thread

:yabbse-sad: