Peter Sarsgaard

Started by El Duderino, March 29, 2004, 08:42:55 PM

El Duderino

so what do you guys think about him? i think he's a great actor, namely in "Boys Don't Cry" and "Shattered Glass," and i'm looking forward to seeing him in "Garden State." Plus: he's dating Maggie Gyllenhaal, which raises him a couple notches on my scoreboard.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Stefen

I like this guy. He was in a very underrated movie imo. Desert Blue. as well as boys don't cry and the upcoming garden state. haven't seen Shattered Glass or GS yet. But regardless. I like this guy, especially in Desert Blue.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ghostboy

Saarsgard is one of my favorite new actors; he's been excellent in everything he's been in, and his range is pretty amazing (e.g. Boys Don't Cry vs. everything else he's been in). His work on Shattered Glass was particularly good, and it's too bad he didn't get more recognition for it.

Desert Blue was a very good movie, but almost no one saw it, and then director Morgan J Freeman followed it up with American Psycho 2. Go figure.

NEON MERCURY

he has a cool sounding name ..it rolls off the tongue nicely......

and yes, hes a good actor....

don't forget the salton sea...............................................................

El Duderino

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
don't forget the salton sea

ugh, i totally forgot about that, he was excellent in it.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

Gyllenhaal, Sarsgaard Engaged

Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard are engaged and expecting a baby, her publicist said Tuesday.

It will be the first marriage for both actors, Gyllenhaal's representative, Amanda Silverman, said Tuesday. No other information was released.

The couple have been dating for four years.

Screen credits for the 28-year-old Gyllenhaal include roles in Oliver Stone's upcoming "World Trade Center," "Mona Lisa Smile," "Secretary" and "Donnie Darko," co-starring her brother, Jake Gyllenhaal.

Sarsgaard, 35, starred alongside Jake Gyllenhaal in last year's war drama "Jarhead." His screen credits also include "Boys Don't Cry," "Shattered Glass" and "Kinsey."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

That kid is going to have one hell of a blank expression.

noyes

what i love about him is not only his range but his incredibly distinctive voice. its high, low and always serious.
south america's my name.

hedwig

Quote from: noyes on April 16, 2006, 11:46:00 PM
what i love about him is not only his range but his incredibly distinctive voice. its high, low and always serious.

yeah.

Czar's guard's performance in Shat-Glass is underpraised, as are 7E and the movie itself. Even Anakin was alright.

grand theft sparrow

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: hacksparrow on April 17, 2006, 07:34:41 AM
Quote from: Hedwig on April 17, 2006, 12:58:00 AM
Shat-Glass

In the top 5 best abbreviations of all time.

What are the other four?  :wink:

By the way, Sarsgaard is a serious ass-kicker in everything I've seen him in. Not only do I see an Oscar in his future but also a solid place in film history. He's great.
Si

Derek237

For the longest time I honestly thought Sarsgaard was gay. But then I found out he knocked up Maggie Gylenhaal, so I guess I don't have that gay-dar. But yes he is an excellent actor, great work in films of course, and also, I thought he was one of the best Saturday Night Live hosts of the last few years. He has some true comedic talent, and stole many moments (opposed to the host usually playing straight man).

His opening monologue he mentioned how he had previously played creepy characters and wondered why people thought him to be creepy in real life. The camera zooms in, ominous music plays. Sarsgaard: (incredibly creepily) "I Haven't the foggiest.."

Another scene he plays a target employee on his break, saying it's his "best break ever." Enjoying his specialty coffee: "It actually gets better as it gets colder.." halarious.

And he's a guest speaker at a pirate convention, only because of his name. "SAARRRRSGAAARRRRD!" The pirates yell. He asks them if they even know who he is and they admit they don't, so he lists some of his movies: "I was in Jarhead.." "JAAAAARRRRRRHEAD!," "Garden State.." "GAAARRRRRDEN STATE!!!" "Boys Don't Cry..." "....eh...ARRRR"

:bravo:

picolas

Quote from: Derek237 on May 02, 2006, 09:22:45 PMAnd he's a guest speaker at a pirate convention, only because of his name. "SAARRRRSGAAARRRRD!" The pirates yell. He asks them if they even know who he is and they admit they don't, so he lists some of his movies: "I was in Jarhead.." "JAAAAARRRRRRHEAD!," "Garden State.." "GAAARRRRRDEN STATE!!!" "Boys Don't Cry..." "....eh...ARRRR"

:bravo:
that sketch sickens me.

polkablues

Quote from: picolas on May 03, 2006, 03:02:00 AM
that sketch sickens me.

Maybe you need a Peter Sarsgaard SARS guard (the only SARS guard with Peter Sarsgaard's face on it!).
My house, my rules, my coffee

picolas

i like Peter Sarsgaard and would never use him or his likeness as a human-SARS guard, thanks.