tom hanks.

Started by NEON MERCURY, February 24, 2004, 12:56:14 PM

Pubrick

he should hav mos def as a consultant.. who can slap him.
under the paving stones.

Gabe

Elvis Presley had a soul. . .Before those black people stole it.

mogwai

you're really fucked up in the head.

Gabe

DO I smell white guilt?  :twisted:

I clarify nothing.

mogwai

you're really fucked up in the head.

Pubrick

Quote from: BorjabahElvis Presley had a soul. . .Before those black people stole it.
that wasn't even funny.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Hanks Ready For War
The Oscar winner's next project.

According to Variety, two-time Oscar winner Tom Hanks' follow-up to The Da Vinci Code will be Charlie Wilson's War. Emmy winner Aaron Sorkin (The West Wing) scripted the adaptation of George Crile's fact-based book.

Hanks will produce the project via his Playtone shingle. Universal hopes to begin shooting War next spring, although no director has been hired yet.

Variety has previously described War as the story of Charlie Wilson (Hanks), a former Texas congressman who "persuaded the CIA to train and arm resistance fighters in Afghanistan, engineering a victory that hastened the fall of the Soviet Union. Wilson teamed with a rogue CIA agent named Gust Avrakotos to keep the Red Army from overrunning Afghanistan. Wilson found an outlet to use his gift for maneuvering around red tape in Afghanistan. He and Avrakotos supplied money and put together a team of experts to mold an army that fought the Red Army to a stalemate."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

War, huh?  Good god, y'all.  What is it good for?  Absolutely nothing, unless they hire a top-tier director who can weave the socio-political aspects of the story with the emotional impact of the characters' struggles.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

I decided to watch Forrest Gump again last night and damn... he is awsome in that one... and that movie is so good