tom hanks.

Started by NEON MERCURY, February 24, 2004, 12:56:14 PM

NEON MERCURY

.i like him..even though in all of his films he has that one part where he yells and his voice makes that whiny low decibel ear piercing noise.you know what i mean......but i think he is a "great" actor ....and he seems to be a cool cat to go out and ask change for......i bet he would give it to you...and i bet he would buy you a meal at McDonalds......he's a swelll individual and he has curly hair....not alot of leading men have curly hair.....

and i like him in road to perdition..

mogwai

his best performance: philadelphia.

i don't like his whiny-low-decibel-ear-piercing-noise-voice either.

phil marlowe

he annoys me. he annoys me like no other actor out there

modage

love the hanks...

big, philadelphia, forrest gump, saving private ryan, the green mile, cast away, road to perdition, catch me if you can...

love the hanks.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

phil marlowe

:sleeping:

most annoing post ever

Alethia

tom hanks is the shit, cant wait for the terminal....

kassius

Tom Hanks is an amazing actor, probably the most well-rounded in Hollywood.  I won't say that he nails a particular genre the best, but when it comes to trying new things and getting it done, Hanks it he man!  Who else has played everything from a former gay attorney, a slow minded man who did it all, an astronaunt, a hit man, carry a film alone on an island with nothing but a volleyball, and a war hero. The guy is something else.

cowboykurtis

i think he looks embarassing in the ladykillers -- on another note -- i saw the coen brothers today at work -- i said hello -- they looked at me like i was an idiot, ignored me, said nothing, and continued their conversation. fun stuff.
...your excuses are your own...

modage

they sound like nice guys. :roll:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

....yeah for real i guess there still pissed about untolerable cruelty being on their catalogue......

on a side note ii bet if you met lynch .he would say :pinches nose:: "hi there young fellow"......

-hes a nice guy.....that may hve something to do w/ the fact that other than kubrick or mallick he is simply the best.....but thats a different thread

phil marlowe

well congratulations NEON for killing your own thread

Pubrick

hey, he's alrite. (tom/NEON/lynchjoke)
under the paving stones.

Henry Hill

i love the hanks as well...but do i love him enough to see The Ladykillers? I just don't know if I can stomach it.

phil marlowe

he'll be good in the ladykillers, the coens allways know how to handle the style of their films.

but seriously he's obviously talented and all, i just have personal problems with´the guy. liked him in forrest gump though, and i liked the idea of him starving on a deserted island but the other scenes in that movie was ..........

Sigur Rós

Quote from: phil marloweand i liked the idea of him starving on a deserted island but the other scenes in that movie was ..........

Comon' the scenes with the volleyball were great.....  :shock:

I feel the excact same way about Hanks. He annoys me in a kind of "Robin Williams-I-make-movies-where-people-laugh-and-cry-at-the-same-time"-way. But hell I cried the first time I saw Forrest Gump....what can I say - I'm a sensitive guy.

"I'm not a smart man but I know what love is!"

.....damn, just thinkin' of it makes me cry.