What the hell is wrong with Michael Jackson?

Started by meatball, November 29, 2003, 09:26:44 PM

matt35mm

Was I the only one rooting for "Innocent?"

I don't think he's guilty.  I think he's a little retarded, and lives in La-La Land, but I don't think he's a pedophile.  I always thought that, more likely than him being a pedophile, that it was just people taking advantage of him, because look at him--wouldn't YOU take advantage of him?  You know that accusing him of something like this would be a giant media circus and that he has would have to fork over lots and lots of money, should he be found guilty.

Who wouldn't take advantage of a washed up, apparently rich-ass (but actually massively in debt) mildly retarded freakozoid?  It's the American Dream!

Pubrick

Quote from: matt35mmWho wouldn't take advantage of a washed up, apparently rich-ass (but actually massively in debt) mildly retarded freakozoid?  It's the American Dream!
totally, that's probably what happened. i never thought he was really guilty cos i always figured i woulda done the same as the kid.
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

I wanted him to be innocent, but when the jury didn't even bother with a guilty for giving the kids alcohol, I got kinda pissed.
WWPTAD?

Kal

That jury was bullshit... stupid people of America... this country is going to hell faster than all of us

Thrindle

I'm with Andykal on this one.  The verdict was ridiculous, and yet another disappointment.
Classic.

Jeremy Blackman

For andyk and those who prefer to assume guilt... How much do you really know about this case? How much time did you spend in the courtroom examining the evidence?

Stefen

JB will defend anything. He don't give a shit. He's helping people. I applaud you Jb.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

grand theft sparrow

More than anything, the verdict was an act of mercy.  That man wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in jail, if he didn't kill himself before getting there.

I never expected any verdict but the one that was handed down yesterday; anyone who really expected him to go to jail was kidding themselves.  America likes their crazies on the outside.  If they can generate more cash on the outside than it would cost to incarcerate them, they're free to go.  However, this is all assuming that he actually did everything he was accused of, which, in the eyes of the law, he didn't.

Not to mention that it was the most expedient way of getting him out of our faces.  Now, the networks can go back to reporting on other stories that will make us forget that our government is fucking the world.

Fernando

Quote from: matt35mmWas I the only one rooting for "Innocent?"

Quote from: Pubricki never thought he was really guilty

Quote from: GamblorI wanted him to be innocent

Yep, I was rooting for not guilty.

Quote from: andykalThat jury was bullshit... stupid people of America... this country is going to hell faster than all of us

Quote from: thrindleI'm with Andykal on this one. The verdict was ridiculous, and yet another disappointment.

Quote from: JBFor andyk and those who prefer to assume guilt... How much do you really know about this case? How much time did you spend in the courtroom examining the evidence?

You might be right here JB, I for one was familiar with the case, I mean I saw some of E!'s MJ trial reenactments, and read some during the trial, so, I think Mesereau slained the prosecution and their witnesses, they pretty often contradicted themselves when was Mesereau's turn and so they lost a lot of credibility, also, yesterday on Larry King and other shows, 'experts' were saying that more than think that MJ has never done something wrong, this case in particular was really bad handled and that the prosecution chose the wrong family to take MJ to trial, although Tom Sneddon assured that MJ's past didn't influenced a bit and that it was the family of the kid who aproached him, or more accurate, he was handed their case and thought they had one.

Now, you can disagree or agree with all I said but the jury IMO did a fair judgement, although I was a little surprised that he was cleared of all counts, I thought that he could have been guilty of some of the minor ones like serving alcohol to the kid.

MacGuffin

Jackson to Get Real?

Michael Jackson is wheeling and dealing. Michael Jackson's accuser is just plain dealing.

That's the tale of the two camps as life goes on in the wake of the pop star's acquittal on child molestation and other charges.

According to Wednesday's Hollywood Reporter, a Jackson family friend and a top Hollywood talent agency are pitching a six-party reality-TV series to star the entertainer, his parents and assorted siblings.

The project is said to show how the famed clan dealt with the months following Jackson's November 2003 arrest. Interestingly, according to the Reporter, the series was on the drawing board even before Jackson's sweeping courtroom victory on Monday. Networks such as ABC and Fox heard the pitch last week, but so far there have been takers.

Jackson family spokeswoman Angel Howansky could not immediately confirm or deny the report. Jackson himself has not been seen in public since somberly exiting the Santa Maria, California, courthouse a free man.

If the TV deal goes--and there was no indication that anybody had bitten yet--Jackson would join the likes of Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey as pop stars gone reality stars. He would be the first, however, to attempt the transition with more baggage than even Spears could cram into a limo.

Another consideration: One of the last times Jackson let TV cameras follow him around, the result was Living with Michael Jackson, the 2003 Martin Bashir documentary that put Jackson's lifestyle back under the microscope and led to the charges against him.

The boy seen holding Jackson's hand in the Bashir documentary is the same boy whose allegations prompted the indictment and trial. Now 15, the boy is said to be puzzled by jurors' reaction to his testimony about being molested by Jackson at Neverland Ranch in 2003.

"He's very down," prosecutor Tom Sneddon said on Wednesday's Today. "He's having a very difficult time understanding why people didn't believe him."

The Drudge Report had a different take, briefly publishing a grainy photo supposedly of the boy "having a ball" the day after the verdicts. (Actually, the boy looked like he was having a sit.)

Tuesday on MSNBC, Sneddon said he urged the boy, a cancer survivor, to play his sports, keep "his chin up" and "be a good person."

"[I told him] that he was a very courageous young man and that he had done the right thing," Sneddon said.

Sneddon's pep talk could have applied to himself, as well. The longtime Santa Barbara County District Attorney has been criticized for pinning the case against Jackson on the accusations of a family with a checkered past. After the verdicts were announced, juror after juror said the family--especially the mother--wasn't credible. Sneddon quickly rejected the notion that he picked the "wrong" family. But two days later, his team was still defending its strategy.

"She behaves as she behaves. This is her. She does snap her fingers when she talks to you," deputy D.A. Ronald J. Zonen said of the mother on NBC's Today. (Finger-snapping was one of the mother's crimes on the stand, according to one Jackson juror.)

Outside the Santa Maria courthouse, meanwhile, crews were busy disassembling the media encampment.

"A lot of cabling," Robert P. Hatch, president and CEO of the Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce said. "It's sort of layered onto itself, and they're trying to find out whose is whose."

By the end of the week, Hatch predicted, it'll be like the thousand-plus reporters and camera people were never there.

Looks like the courthouse is the lucky one.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

finlayr

pubrick:  if a gardener molested YOUR son would you care then?
Filmmaker

Pubrick

what? michael jackson is a gardener and i hav children now?

great argument there, tard.
under the paving stones.

Reinhold

i don't think he's capable of maliciously hurting somebody.

i have no doubt that some inappropriate shit went on, but i sincerely doubt that he's guilty in this most recent case.

i think he belongs in a hospital.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Myxo

Quote from: Pubrickwhat? michael jackson is a gardener and i hav children now?

great argument there, tard.

brutal

finlayr

pubrick, it's only hair you're growing down there.  don't be afraid, these mood swings that you're feeling that make you instantly argumentative are normal for pubescent little boys.
Filmmaker