Paris Hilton

Started by Banky, November 20, 2003, 03:05:41 PM

molly

Quote from: phil is so sexy
Quote from: mollyThat woman looks so cheap. Why is she doing that :?:
welcome america to america, here it's all about titties and hay.

this made me laugh. titties and hay - cows?

phil marlowe

cows maybe i dunno, definatly alot of milk though.

RegularKarate

Damn... what a couple of ugly broads.

They really like being paid to look like complete idiots don't they?

I mean, they're already rich as shit... why do they need to purposely make themselves look total clowns.

As much as I would like to watch these undeserving hookers be humiliated on television, I think it's kind of wrong for many reasons and will not participate.

aclockworkjj

psst....anyone see the gena lee nolin video?

SoNowThen

please expand on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: aclockworkjjpsst....anyone see the gena lee nolin video?

i heard about it... it sounds like good stuff... its only a matter of time before everyone sees it though... then she'll be on the cover of "people" saying "this is my side of the story"... hehe.

SoNowThen

It just occurred to me as I looked through this thread, how very much some of our members hate rich people. I have a feeling that if this was some no-name, poor girl, a few folks would be on here saying that she was "exploited", and a victim of male dominated society, or that she had no other choice, or some such blah blah. But since Paris has money, she is:

an airhead
a twit
cheap
an undeserving hooker

Hmmm. Why so against money? Not all rich people are evil you know.

Now this is not to say I don't agree with all the above names. However, if it was some "regular" girl, and JJ and I came on here and said "what a stupid slut....", we'd be shit on, and called women-haters, etc. Yet everyone on this thread has felt totally comfortable just fucking ragging on Paris, most likely because of her social status. Also, I have the feeling that if it was a girl who was deemed somewhat unattractive (by the "normal" standards of weight, age, etc), she would be afforded several apologies.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: SoNowThen

an airhead
a twit
cheap
an undeserving hooker

I'd refer you to the Lakers will kill/rape all of u this season thread, but it has been conveniently deleted... "erased... from existence!"

SoNowThen

ahh
and look who was ragging on that chick (the "poor" girl caught in the middle) in that thread:

me
jj
gdidm

and we got fucking screamed at

but see, there she said it was "rape", and she wasn't a super rich chick with her pictures in the paper

however, Paris' story is that she didn't consent to the video

perhaps if we had a video of the Kobe affair, we could see how much that chick "didn't consent"...

godardian

Quote from: SoNowThenNot all rich people are evil you know.

No... just far, far too powerful and, at least in America under the current administration, given as much leeway as possible to screw those beneath them. Not all do; I think the "privilege" of screwing the middle and working classes should be taken away, however. That shouldn't bother those "nice" rich folks you're referring to at all, SoNowThen. I think you have a pretty tough case to build; ask anyone who worked for Enron what they think of rich people. You'd be awfully hard pressed to convince them that they're not evil. In fact, I think you'd find it impossible.

My point was, what makes Paris Hilton more interesting than someone who also looks like a fembot, but doesn't have all her money? The only reason she's on TV and in magazines is that she's rich. There are plenty of people who look... like she does (sorry, I think she's terribly unattractive- she looks completely strung out and dirty, not to mention her very apparent, televised vapidity), yet she's the celebrated one. I think that's incredibly stupid and almost unbelievable... except that it's exactly indicative of the class system in our society.

Why waste your energy defending rich people, SoNowThen? Most if not all social mechanisms are geared to automatically defend the rich, regardless of who else it affects.

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
"
- Matthew 19:24.

Most modern fundamentalist churches cater to the upper-middle-class, white, and fearful; they'll pick out some obscure Old Testament verse from Leviticus forbidding homosexuality and turn it into a huge and often illegal (as far as separation of church and state) hate campaign, but they ignore the most compassionate, common-sense (if allegorical) New Testament stuff such as the above. It's an arrogant, hateful, utterly self-absorbed and self-serving attitude that borders on blasphemy if you're truly religious.

The rich aren't any more important than you and I are. Period.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

RegularKarate

How could she have "not consented" to the video... I've seen it and she looks right into the fucking lens.  That night vision shit doesn't make the camera INVISIBLE!

anyway, she's stupid, ugly, far too popular, and undeserving.  I like rich people... I have a rich uncle, he's cool (and he doesn't give me money either)

SoNowThen

Funnily enough, I knew right away as I typed my message that you'd post the bible verse from Matthew. AS I TYPED IT. I am psychic.  :roll:

Anyhoo, the point there is to not be greedy and think that worldy gains mean a damn thing. That applies to rich and poor alike. I know just as many greedy lying poor people as I do rich people. The rich man came to Christ and said he wanted to follow him, and Christ said that was great, now drop everything and come with me. But the man couldn't do it. See, the point is that if you really wanna say it, you REALLY wanna try and give that commitment to God, you gotta give EVERYTHING up. So if you try and hold onto it, tough luck. Can't serve two masters. Of course, it's now turned into one of those wonderful memorized quotes out of context that so many non-believers throw around. "Look, Jesus says if you're rich you're not going to heaven!!". Whew. Sorry to get all churchy on you guys, but I don't think it's fair to use this sorta thing. I will now stop and move onto the point at hand.

I just see people trying to have their heart in the right place, not wanting to see someone get shafted just because they don't have the extra money to buy their way out of a jam. That's great. But taking the reverse effect and saying that anyone who does have extra money must in some way be using it to oppress, or must have gotten it in some dishonest way, well that's EXACTLY the same prejudice you say that you're against. And I wanted to point it out. You are worried about the class war, yet by emphasizing stuff like this you are contributing to the rift of paranoia and misunderstanding.

Also, have you seen tv lately? Every joe blow nobody is getting their 15 minutes. You sure as hell don't have to be rich to get your picture taken. I agree that Paris appears to be a snotty, wast of space retard. However, I think that for a good majority of people I see on a daily basis. Rich, poor, black, white, a loudmouth idiot is a loudmouth idiot. I will not discriminate just because somebody has more money.

Gloria

I don't think anyone should be label arrogant or evil according to their social class, whether it be rich or poor.  Some rich people give to many charities to improve the lives of others less fortunate. Paul Newman gives all of his profits from his dressings to numerous charities.  I dont think pigeon-holing any social class is an accurate way to assess who these people really are.  

The whole Paris Hilton thing is sorted.  She is a model who has always been in the public light (and has enjoyed the attention.)  Her new show looks ridiculous, but no doubt, people will watch it.  The video tape was probably embarrassing for her, because it was not the attention she wanted. Just because she is rich does not mean that she is immuned to feelings. The stigma attached to all social classes, if you look hard enough, are not always true.

Please do not compare Paris Hilton to the woman in the Kobe rape trial.  Rape is not consentual sex on videotape.

godardian

I still think the privileges you get for being rich are obscene; money goes to money, as they say. The system of wealth is probably not wholly corrupt; then again, I think it's much more corrupt than many people realize or care to think about.

And to assume that someone interpreting the bible differently than you do is a non-believer is insupportable. There are plenty of theologically learned believers and even entire Christian denominations that see classism as extremely un-Christian and interpret that verse as I do. I don't see a lot of fundamentalists eager to give up anything, material or even just ego-wise, to follow god; I see a ton, however, who use their freestyle religion, lacking any historical context or defensible theological imperative, as an excuse to push their own self-serving fears, prejudices, and economic agendas, not only onto their neighbors, but onto society as a whole. I would imagine this selfish abuse to be particularly inexcusable to true Christians.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

SoNowThen

Quote from: godardianI still think the privileges you get for being rich are obscene; money goes to money, as they say. The system of wealth is probably not wholly corrupt; then again, I think it's much more corrupt than many people realize or care to think about.

And to assume that someone interpreting the bible differently than you do is a non-believer is insupportable. There are plenty of theologically learned believers and even entire Christian denominations that see classism as extremely un-Christian and interpret that verse as I do. I don't see a lot of fundamentalists eager to give up anything, material or even just ego-wise, to follow god; I see a ton, however, who use their freestyle religion, lacking any historical context or defensible theological imperative, as an excuse to push their own self-serving fears, prejudices, and economic agendas, not only onto their neighbors, but onto society as a whole. I would imagine this selfish abuse to be particularly inexcusable to true Christians.

I am truly sorry, but you "interpret" that verse incorrectly. Of course you will see fundamentalists uneager to give up anything. Fundamentalists are not perfect. They make huge errors. As do I. You think that verse (as a Christian) doesn't scare the shit out of me? Give up creature comforts, forget about trying to be economically successful, let go of my hobbies and habit and schedule. Am I strong enough to do this? Almost never. I try. But usually fail. It's never ending. But this is not to say you actually are not allowed to do anything else, it's about putting what's most important FIRST in your life. For others it may be family, career, etc, for Christians it's supposed to be loving God.

People will ALWAYS use their religion (or knowledge/power/influence) to push through their own self-serving agendas. These people are wrong. Clearly. You think it doesn't sicken me when I think of those hard-core right wingers banning Last Temptation Of Christ as a political move to take heat away from a problem they were having in the church at the time? But don't worry, they'll get theirs.

I really wanna continue this portion of the conversation, but I don't wanna turn the board into my soapbox. Let's go through PM's should you want me to clarify my religious position on this. Including discussing that verse.