Post your DVD Deals

Started by SHAFTR, November 17, 2003, 11:44:42 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Reinhold

i just bought the new line platinum series DVD of Magnolia at Coconuts for $4.99 new.

normally 26.99, but it was on sale for 14.99 and in a category of movies that qualified for a $10 mail in rebate.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

modage

1. how many editions of magnolia are there (on r1 dvd)?

2. you didn't already own magnolia?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reinhold

i didn't know how many editions there are, but i got the one i had borrowed from Walrus in the past (which is the answer to #2) and was very happy to have gotten it.

i don't have a dvd collection that i'm all that proud of. i don't own many movies at all. i saved the money i would have spent on dvd's for my computer, so there are a ton that I'd like to own but dont, including most of my favorites.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

w/o horse

DDD is having a $5.98 sale with a surprising amount of good/unusual titles.

I went through and these piqued my interest:

Spider
Betty Blue
The Man Without a Past
The Experiment
Broken Wings
Walk on the Wild Side
California Split
The Dreamlife of Angels
Obsession (De Palma)
Baadasssss!
The Red Dwarf
Timecode
Le Dernier Combat
Homicidal
Solomon and Gaenor
Safe
Fat City
The Harder They Fall
The Front
Gas Food Lodging

And there may even be more.  A lot I hadn't heard of.  I haven't made my purchase yet because I want to see if you guys have anything to say about the titles.  Hell I'm not going to buy that list I made either, so if you have anything to say about them please do.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

hedwig

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on March 10, 2006, 12:13:20 PM
I haven't made my purchase yet because I want to see if you guys have anything to say about the titles.  Hell I'm not going to buy that list I made either, so if you have anything to say about them please do.

"The Front" is a really good, underrated movie.. I haven't seen it in several years but from what I remember, it's a funny and almost scathing little time-capsule of that fearful, paranoid era.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I thoroughly enjoyed Baadasssss!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

w/o horse

MacGuffin

Check with your local Suncoast. Everything's 50% off now.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Dammit.  My local Suncoast closed over two months ago. 
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

w/o horse