Post your DVD Deals

Started by SHAFTR, November 17, 2003, 11:44:42 PM

Rudie Obias

does anyone have an idea about what the day after thanksgiving sales would be on dvd at (say) best buy?
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

samsong

Looking more for trades than a sale but if you're interested in buying it, we'll talk about the price because I really have no idea how much I want for it, but I can promise it will be reasonable.

PM me with offers

cine

samsong

trade or sell, price is, of course, negotiable.

and this one's still up for grabs...

ono

All month, Borders is running a "Buy 3, get the 4th free" deal on all DVDs.  I don't think there are any exceptions.  Check it out.  With the right math, it could be a great deal, even though Borders overprices some of their DVDs compared to online places.

Alethia

borders doesn't overprice nearly as bad as barnes and noble or virgin records.  some of their prices are just ridiculous.

ono

Agreed.  Where there are some things I will buy at Borders (sometimes they have really good deals on new titles, and on unpopular ones, too), I make it a point never to buy at Barnes and Noble.

Stefen

I thought Barnes and Noble sold books? Are they branching out?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ono

Trying to compete with Borders, no doubt.  And failing.  Miserably.  From where I'm sitting anyway.  I imagine they do some business, because they haven't closed up DVD shop yet.  It's too lucrative.  I just wonder why more people haven't realized where the real deals are, and how certain stores can get away with charging such insane prices.

Sleuth

B&N is in fact ridiculously overpriced, but they have a lot of stuff I can't find anywhere else in a reasonable effort zone
I like to hug dogs

cine

Quote from: SleuthB&N is in fact ridiculously overpriced, but they have a lot of stuff I can't find anywhere else in a reasonable effort zone
MAYBE THATS WHERE YOU CAN LOOK FOR THOSE ADAM MCKAY SHORTS, SLEUTH!

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ravi

I've only bought DVDs at B&N when I had gift certificates.

Stefen

Barnes and Noble is running that buy two dvds get one free deal until the end of July. The one by my house has almost every criterion in print. Also, they have a sale where everything 39.99 and up is 20 percent off. Take advantage of it.

MacGuffin

DeepDiscountDVD.com is having a Summer Sale. 20% off plus free shipping. Every title is on sale!*

Enter the coupon Code SUPERSALE in the promotion code box when you check out to receive your discount* Offer valid from 6/17/05 through 6/25/05.

*Offer valid on currently available DVD's only. Coupons do not apply to orders for prerelease DVD's. Other merchandise, including video games, accessories or electronics are excluded from the sale. Coupon valid from 6/17/05-6/25/05 only. Previous sales are excluded. Coupon may only be used once per customer. Some restrictions apply, see site for details. We reserve the right to limit quantities.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks