SANDLER: The definitive thread

Started by oakmanc234, October 25, 2003, 01:21:57 AM

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

bonanzataz

Quote from: FishbulbThe only ones that don't work are
"Mr. Deeds", but that's because it was a remake and they kept the character name from the original movie

yeah, but half the time in that movie, everybody is calling him "Deeds-y." Just a little food for thought.

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickSandler is awful... he used to be funny, but now all of his characters are the same... sure, PTA proved that the boy could actually act... but too bad he hasn't decided to do more of that in his career...

i just don't like you.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

myadopteddaughter

Billy Madison and Punch Drunk Love are my favorite.

(Something crazy, a girl I went to school with is actually related to him. She has pics, like family ones, and even looks like him a little. It's so nuts. But BLASPHEMY! She hasn't seen PDL yet!)
mmm, mmmm good

oakmanc234

'Punch-Drunk' IS his best 'film' and 'Happy Gilmore' is my fave comedy of his. I'm wrapped that he's currently filming the new James L. Brooks comedy/drama 'Spanglish' with Tea Leoni and Anne Bancroft. Another 'real acting' job for the Sandman is something to be anticipated.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

TheVoiceOfNick

Yeah, Punch Drunk Love... wow, he can actually act!  Other than that, all his movies are the same to me.

MacGuffin

Sandler, Rock & Dogg Score The Longest Yard
Source: Paramount Pictures

Adam Sandler will star in an update of the classic 1974 comedy The Longest Yard it was announced today by Sherry Lansing, Chairman, Motion Picture Group, Paramount Pictures and Donald De Line, Vice Chairman, Motion Picture Group and President, Paramount Pictures. The film is set to go into production in June 2004. Paramount will partner and co-produce the film with Columbia Pictures. "Adam is a brilliant actor and comedian. 'The Longest Yard' is the perfect film to showcase his genius," said Ms. Lansing.

"Adam and Jack are great filmmakers and wonderful collaborators," said Mr. De Line. "We have known each other since we worked together on 'The Waterboy' and I am thrilled to be reuniting with them on 'The Longest Yard.'"

Sandler will play the part of Paul Crewe, a retired quarterback-turned-con who leads a team of prison inmates in a game against the guards. Producers are in discussions with Chris Rock to play "Caretaker" and Snoop Dogg to play a member of the team. A who's who of rap stars and current and former NFL players will round out the cast.

Sandler and Jack Giarraputo's production company, Happy Madison will be teaming up with Van Toffler and David Gale at MTV Films to produce. Sheldon Turner wrote the script.

"Although we plan to update quite a few things, the overall story will remain intact. We want to keep the same blend of comedy and grit that made the first one a classic," stated Jack Giarraputo.

Paramount Pictures will distribute the film domestically and Columbia TriStar Film Distributors International will distribute the film internationally.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

alright, this is a week old but i just saw sandler on letterman. he was really funny and talked about his life, his wedding and the death of his father and meatball. :( he also played a song that he'd written about his father. did anyone see this? i thought the song was really touching.

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwaihe also played a song that he'd written about his father. did anyone see this? i thought the song was really touching.
yes it was awesome.

dave is good to him.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

Quote from: Pyes it was awesome.

dave is good to him.
didn't adam say "i love you too" to dave when they shook hands after his song?

SmellyBoobFungus

Quote from: mogwaialright, this is a week old but i just saw sandler on letterman. he was really funny and talked about his life, his wedding and the death of his father and meatball. :( he also played a song that he'd written about his father. did anyone see this? i thought the song was really touching.

yes, it was very touching, and i think that song and its context embodies much of what Sandler's about. that man always somehow manages to bring a lighter side to a dark subject. you could really hear him holding back a lot of emotional energy while he was delievering the song, which i thought was beautiful and shows how adam really just wants to make people laugh. i think thats the greatest joy he gets out of being an actor/entertainer. he makes people forget all that dark stuff.

Quote from: mogwaididn't adam say "i love you too" to dave when they shook hands after his song?

lol, that's awsome, didn't pick up on that!
Guy with spoon: My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big.
Banana: I am a banana!

Rejected

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwaididn't adam say "i love you too" to dave when they shook hands after his song?
hah yeah i was gonna mention that.

it reminded me of when he said "i love u too buddy" to pta in that gummi bears SUV video, remember? sandler is just cool like that.
under the paving stones.

oakmanc234

You put that really well SmellyBoobFungus. Sandler was great that night. I love it whenever he's on Letterman. That song had just the right mix of silly jokes and heartfelt sincerity, he sings jokes about being 'well endowed' and banging Marilyn Monroe and then sudden sad lyrics like "Stan....the man....is gone". Legend. His goofy hair-style for 'Spanglish' was weird though lol.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

MacGuffin

Adam Sandler's Next: The San Fransisco Chronicle reports that Zhang Ziyi ("Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon") has been announced as Adam Sandler's co-star in a film to be directed by Wayne Wang. Zhang's character is to be a mail-order bride.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffinWayne Wang

wayne wang.......say it real fast..

mogwai