Is Francis Ford Coppola dead?

Started by Duck Sauce, February 06, 2003, 12:43:58 AM

NEON MERCURY

..i likes dracula also..its a great looking film......and you have to give coppola mad props for making a great film w/ keanu as a lead.....

Ghostboy

Quote from: mutinyco(he does the best commentaries).

Like the one he did for that Apocalypse Now DVD, the two disc version that included Hearts Of Darkness and both cuts of the film.

Oh wait....

MacGuffin

I guess I'm the only one (as usual) who liked:

Tucker
Rumble Fish
The Outsiders
The Rainmaker (along with The Firm, the best Grisham adaptation)
Peggy Sue Got Married
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Quote from: MacGuffinI guess I'm the only one (as usual) who liked:

Tucker
Rumble Fish
The Outsiders
Peggy Sue Got Married

No, your not the only one. I'm a big fan of Tucker, Peggy Sue, and most importantly the outsiders. the outsiders only because Diane Lane is hottily rawktastic as a redhead. haven't seen it for awhile. All I remember is that corny mickey mouse/product placement t-shirt Gordon Bombay wears.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Stefen

Tucker
Rumble Fish
The Outsiders
Peggy Sue Got Married

No, your not the only one. I'm a big fan of Tucker, Peggy Sue, and most importantly the outsiders. the outsiders only because Diane Lane is hottily rawktastic as a redhead. haven't seen it for awhile. All I remember is that corny mickey mouse/product placement t-shirt Gordon Bombay wears.

But that "Stay Gold" song damn near kills the movie.

Stefen

Quote from: hacksparrow

Tucker
Rumble Fish
The Outsiders
Peggy Sue Got Married

But that "Stay Gold" song damn near kills the movie.

yeah, it is corny as hell. I think it was in the book also though. But come on, your gonna turn down this? http://www.dianelanefan.dnswh.com/OS-005.jpg
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

jasper_window

Tucker
Rumble Fish
The Outsiders
Peggy Sue Got Married

I second all of the above notions.  Plus Rumble Fish had it all over Pleasantville (Schindler's List, too) what with the black and white film, and the red fish Mickey Rourke sees.

"You know a rumble ain't a rumble without me!"

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Stefenyeah, it is corny as hell. I think it was in the book also though. But come on, your gonna turn down this? http://www.dianelanefan.dnswh.com/OS-005.jpg

They should make Diane Lane flavored ice cream.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: hacksparrow
Quote from: Stefenyeah, it is corny as hell. I think it was in the book also though. But come on, your gonna turn down this? http://www.dianelanefan.dnswh.com/OS-005.jpg

They should make Diane Lane flavored ice cream.

Future XIXAX.com marquee there.

Ghostboy

I'd never seen any of the Godfather movies, so I watched them all today, back to back. The first two: brilliant. The third: good, but rather perfunctory. It would have been better if they never made it, but the opera finale is brilliantly staged. I also enjoyed the Vatican conspiracy stuff, although I might have liked to see it in a different movie. But the first two...my expectations were met. A good day. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to stop staring at pixels and go to bed.

MacGuffin

Now go listen to the excellent commentary tracks.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: MacGuffinNow go listen to the excellent commentary tracks.

They are excelent, no doubt, but Coppola's voice is kind of weird.
Si

mutinyco

Quote from: ElPandaRoyalThey are excelent, no doubt, but Coppola's voice is kind of weird.

Not as weird as it taking Ghosty this long to finally watch The Godfather...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Ghostboy

What can I say, I'm a procrastinator. Also, I really have to force myself to watch things at home...I'm a big screen junkie. But in the interest of cinema history, I've gotten a lot better at sitting down in front of my TV.

I guess it was a sort of timely decision to view them on Wednesday.

pete

Quote from: mutinyco
Quote from: ElPandaRoyalThey are excelent, no doubt, but Coppola's voice is kind of weird.

Not as weird as it taking Ghosty this long to finally watch The Godfather...

not as weird as you calling him "ghosty".
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton