Is Francis Ford Coppola dead?

Started by Duck Sauce, February 06, 2003, 12:43:58 AM

cowboykurtis

id love francis to ditch the epic for now. Most people in the industry judge coppola based on Jack and Supernova. Let's admit, his most recent endeavors are from the good ole' days of coppola. As we've seen, he's having a very hard time finding money for such an ambitious endeavor.. In the mean time, while looking for money, I'd love to see him do a small character peice like the conversation - get back to the basics. He could easily fund a smaller film himself.

myabe santa will grant me this for christmas?
...your excuses are your own...

Ronen

you give him good actors, a good photographer, a good script, and A LOT OF FOOTAGE (ie, let him shoot a HUGE amount of material to cut from), pressure, and Walter Murch, you'll get a masterpeice.

Remove any one element, you're basically screwed.
-R
cinemalog.net

Ravi

Quote from: cowboykurtisid love francis to ditch the epic for now. Most people in the industry judge coppola based on Jack and Supernova. Let's admit, his most recent endeavors are from the good ole' days of coppola. As we've seen, he's having a very hard time finding money for such an ambitious endeavor.. In the mean time, while looking for money, I'd love to see him do a small character peice like the conversation - get back to the basics. He could easily fund a smaller film himself.

I have a feeling we'll see Jeepers Creepers 3 before such a film from FFC himself.

Ronen

It's funny, he mentioned those movies.  He said he's doing everything he can to raise the money for Megalopolis.  His website, his wine... As he said, we're making these hollywood commercial thrillers for teens, the Jeepers Creepers movies, which are making us a lot of money to put into Megalopolis, in the old American Zoetrope model.
-R
cinemalog.net

Pozer

MacGuffin

Warner has also announced The Outsiders: The Complete Novel - Special Edition for 9/20 (SRP $26.99). The 2-disc set will include a new longer version of the film in anamorphic widescreen (with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio), featuring footage newly-restored by director Francis Ford Coppola himself. Some 22 minutes of footage has been added, including a new beginning and ending "more true to the book." Extras are expected to include 10 minutes of additional deleted scenes (available separately), a new introduction and audio commentary by Coppola, a new introduction and audio commentary by the actors (including Matt Dillon, Ralph Macchio, C. Thomas Howell, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe and Diane Lane), the Staying Gold and On Location with S.E. Hinton documentaries, 3 featurettes (The Outsiders on Location, NBC Today Show: Fresno Book to Film and Hollywood Close-Up: The Premiere at Lonestar-Fresno), a look at the casting of the film with never-before-seen screen test and audition footage, and the film's 1983 and 2005 theatrical trailers.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

what's up with emilio estevez not wanting to revisit his past?

Stefen

I've had my little snapper dvd of the outsiders since as far back as I can remember, it was like 10 bucks. Suits me fine. The commentary may be interesting though.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Quote from: Stefen Posts Ghetto?I've had my little snapper dvd of the outsiders since as far back as I can remember, it was like 10 bucks. Suits me fine. The commentary may be interesting though.
you're not interested in the new beginning/ending and 22 minutes of footage put back into the film?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Weak2ndAct

Awesome news!  Now where the hell is the Rumble Fish special edition to go along with it????

MacGuffin

Quote from: Weak2ndActAwesome news!  Now where the hell is the Rumble Fish special edition to go along with it????

Back one page, at the very bottom.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Weak2ndAct

Stefen

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: Stefen Posts Ghetto?I've had my little snapper dvd of the outsiders since as far back as I can remember, it was like 10 bucks. Suits me fine. The commentary may be interesting though.
you're not interested in the new beginning/ending and 22 minutes of footage put back into the film?

No, does it have that? I hate that stuff. I like it fine the way it is.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: cowboykurtisdoes anyone have a copy of hearts of darkness: a filmmakers apocolypse?
saw a vhs years ago been trying to find a copy ever since.

I do. Though only on the computer. PM me...

sir kotte, i know this is much of a delayed resonpse - but, what format do you have it?
...your excuses are your own...

Ghostboy

Quote from: kotte

I do. Though only on the computer. PM me...