uma thurman

Started by Alethia, September 29, 2003, 10:03:18 PM

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Thurman, Wilson Join Super Ex
Uma and Luke Wilson in superhero rom-com.

Variety tips that Uma Thurman and Luke Wilson are set to star together in a new romantic comedy called Super Ex.

Ivan Reitman (Ghostbusters, Kindergarten Cop) will direct the flick for Regency Enterprises.

Simpsons writer Don Payne is penning the script which features Thurman's character as a superhero who falls for a regular guy (Wilson).  He's got no issues with her superpowers, but just can't handle her neediness. And when he dumps her she uses her superpowers to make the man's life miserable.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

it's crazy how in addition to being like tons of superhero movies from actual superheroes that people know (Spider-Man, Batman, Superman), theres all the overflow into like, B-Listers (Ghost Rider, Blade) and obscure characters (Hellboy, etc.) other kinds of movies based on comic books (Sin City, V For Vendetta, History of Violence) as well as like comedies using something about it for their premise like this and Sky High and the Incredibles.   thats a lot of stuff, its like studios just figured out there was a geek audience and they're going to exploit it till it runs dry and geeks are just like 'enough already!'
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.