uma thurman

Started by Alethia, September 29, 2003, 10:03:18 PM

Pwaybloe

Quote from: FernandoI second that, I wonder if the women who visit this site find this kind of conversation insulting; it is the way you express about them what makes it so vulgar and it's great to find them beautiful and all but let's show some good manners here so they don't run away from the board.

Totally, Fernando.

By the way, here's some pictures of Uma naked.

SoNowThen

Oh KICK ASS. She is such a wonderful intelligent man-equal, and deserving of all the respect in the world. And also I want to penetrate every orifice in her body.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ElPandaRoyal

QuoteI wonder if the women who visit this site find this kind of conversation insulting; it is the way you express about them what makes it so vulgar and it's great to find them beautiful and all but let's show some good manners here so they don't run away from the board.

I firmly believe that the women who come to this site are inteligent enough to know when we're serious and when we're not.
Si

Cecil

Quote from: Fernando
Quote from: GhostboyMan, this thread is disgusting! Show some respect for the woman, for Christ's sake.

I second that, I wonder if the women who visit this site find this kind of conversation insulting; it is the way you express about them what makes it so vulgar and it's great to find them beautiful and all but let's show some good manners here so they don't run away from the board.

ive expressed my opinion on the matter in the asia argento thread here. boys will be boys, i suppose (unfortunately)

Ernie

She's a great undused actress and definitely a hottie as well. She looks like she's like 20 or something in the Kill Bill TV spots...seriously, she looks really good in those jeans in the kitchen. I mean, just for the second they show her, when she's got her back to the camera.

Gold Trumpet

I actually don't mind not talking about her acting credentials.

And, thanks Pawbloe for saving me a trip to the video store.

~rougerum

Alethia

yeah, it really wouldn't have been worth sittin through that movie

Banky

nice work Pawbloe

might expect a PM from admin

SHAFTR

I liked her in Gattaca, although I was unable to sit through Even Cowgirls get the Blues.

The older I get, the sexier she seems in Pulp Fiction.

In the link, the picture on the top left (one split into 4 frames) anyone know why it says RipTorn on the bottom?

stit taerg evah seod ehs
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

pookiethecat

Uma Thurman is a goddamn good actress.

Dangerous Liaisons, Les Miserables, Pulp Fiction, Truth About Cats and Dogs contain some really tender, human performances.  She's also one of those few talents that can be both funny and sexy: hence 'cats and dogs' and Pulp Fiction- the latter of which seems wittier the more i watch it.
i wanna lick 'em.

pinkerton310

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: Bankymight expect a PM from admin
why? do you have anymore nude pics?

:twisted:             http://www.thenudearchive.com/index.html
They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of our death... everyone. The weight of a stack of nickels. The weight of a chocolate bar. The weight of a hummingbird...

ono

Uma is going to be on Conan today (4/13 -- well, technically 4/14), which is starting right now.

MacGuffin

Thurman latest 'Prime' suspect
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Now that Sandra Bullock has stepped away from writer-director Ben Younger's "Prime," Uma Thurman has risen to the top of the list of possible replacements for the project, which is set to begin filming Sept. 7. Although no offer has been made yet, Thurman, who most recently starred in the "Kill Bill" movies, is likely to be paged to play a thirtysomething woman who falls for the son (Bryan Greenberg) of her therapist (Meryl Streep). Bullock has signaled that she will not do the film unless script issues are resolved to her approval. The film is being produced by Team Todd and financed and executive produced by Stratus Films. Universal and Focus are distributing.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Springtime for Uma?

Max Bialystock and Leo Bloom have their Ulla. But Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick might soon have their Uma.

Uma Thurman, that is.

The actress, last seen as a sword-wielding assassin in Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill movies, is in talks to replace Nicole Kidman as Ulla, the bombshell Swedish secretary in Mel Brooks' big-screen adaptation of his hit Broadway musical, The Producers, Daily Variety reports.

Kidman dropped out of the $45 million production just days ago, citing an overbooked calendar. She said she wouldn't have enough time to rehearse the film's song and dance routines before segueing into her starring role opposite Russell Crowe and Geoffrey Rush in the fantasy romance Eucalyptus, which is scheduled to begin filming in January.

Looking to replace on leggy blonde with another, the producers of The Producers approached Thurman, whose slate is wide open after recently wrapping work on Be Cool, MGM's Get Shorty sequel also starring her old Pulp Fiction dance partner John Travolta.

No word yet on the status of the talks. Reps for Thurman and Brooks were not available for comment Thursday.

If Thurman does sign on to play the sexy secretary, she won't exactly have a lot of prep time.

Shooting on Universal's The Producers, with Tony-winning director and choreographer Susan Stroman at the helm, begins in February at Brooklyn's new Steiner Studios.

Along with Lane and Broderick, the musical features Will Ferrell as crazed playwright Franz Liebkind and several veterans of the original Broadway production, including Roger Bart as Carmen Ghia and Gary Beach as flamboyant director Roger DeBris.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

It's so unfortunate that they need to bow down to Hollywood and get a star like Uma for Ulla's role. It totally kills the joke about the Ulla character.