David Lynch says...

Started by budgie, February 05, 2003, 08:38:08 AM

Ghostboy

I've seen all of them...I think they put Lynch's at the end on purpose to keep people in their seats, because a lot of them weren't really good...at all. There were a few notable exceptions, but nothing that was really great, like Lynch's was.

Bud_Clay

Quote from: cowboykurtishave any of you seen the compilation film of all the LUMIERE film by various directors. lynch by far smokes all of them in my opinion.

I also really liked the one that was just a dollie with the array of different things happening in the middle of a court yard and it ends with 2 men dueling...i thought that one was pretty fucking great as was lynch's..

Spike Lee's was by far the dumbest. I thought he was gonna start pouncing on his baby to get it to say "dada".

DavTMcGowan

"I think that ideas exist outside of ourselves. I think somewhere, we're all connected off in some very abstract land. But somewhere between there and here ideas exist. And I think the mind isn't conscious enough to go all the way to where we're connected, but it's conscious of a certain amount of that territory. And when these ideas fly into the conscious part, then you can capture them. But if they're outside of the conscious part, you don't even know about them. So you just hope that you can make the conscious part of your mind bigger or that these ideas will fly into your airspace, so you can shoot them down and grab them and take them home. So that's all you try to do. Sometimes an idea will strike you when you're sitting in a quiet chair. But sometimes an idea will strike you when you're standing. Sometimes music will also help you. If I thought I could just sit still in a quiet place and get ideas, I would do that all the time, but sometimes nothing happens. There's no rhyme or reason to it. But you've got to write them down right away. I forget so many things. Then if I forget it and try to remember it, my whole day is ruined because I can't remember and I feel horrible. And I imagine that it was one of the all time great ideas. And it probably isn't."
(from IMDB mini biography, more profound stuff there as well)

Amazing validation of film in general.

budgie

{sigh} i wish he was my dad.

Neil

David Lynch says he, "noticed something in mitt romney's name."

"Dear Americans, Republicans, and Democrats Alike,

I am going to vote for re-electing President Obama. I have noticed something in Mitt Romney's name, which I think speaks to what he is about. If you just rearrange a few letters, Romney becomes R MONEY. I believe Mitt Romney wants to get his Mitts on R Money. He would like to get it and divide it up with his friends, the Big Money Bunch.

I believe he would like to get his Mitts on R Money, R Resources, R Freedoms, and R American Dream. I do not trust Mitt Romney to look after the best interests of 99% of Americans. I think electing Mitt Romney would be a catastrophe for our country—one which would be real difficult to straighten out later. Please do not let Mitt Romney get his Mitts on R Money or R United States of America."

—David Lynch
 Los Angeles, California

Reason 52 From Kal Penn's 90 days, 90 reasons website
http://90days90reasons.com/52.php
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

polkablues

And David Lynch's evolution to Everyone's Slightly Embarrassing Grandpa is complete.
My house, my rules, my coffee

diggler

I can only picture him as his character from Louie now, it's better if you read it like that.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on October 04, 2012, 08:28:01 PM
And David Lynch's evolution to Everyone's Slightly Embarrassing Grandpa is complete.

This is definitely his Eastwood moment.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

It's the sort of message that looks out of place without "FW: FW: FW: FW: FW:" at the top of it.
My house, my rules, my coffee