What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

Banky

Quote from: md

no doubt  that she is still hot but she looks like she lost alot of weight

i think she looked better when she was a little thicker

budgie

Just started House of Leaves, and a book of essays called Bad Girls and Sick Boys.

Raikus

My wife read House of Leaves last year. She enjoyed it.

I'm still continuing my Dark Tower trek. Currently about 300 pages into the Wizard and the Glass. I'll have it finished in a couple of days and then it's anxious anticipation until the Wolves of Calla comes out.

Oh, and I recommend this book to anyone and everyone. It's real history and other interesting things that are mostly to taboo to be discussed.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

Find Your Magali

I've been reading a few entries in "The New Biographical Dictionary of Film" by David Thomson, before falling asleep every night.

Dirk

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanOctober 7...

Can't wait  :yabbse-thumbup:
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Redlum

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (haven't seen the film yet) - Barris
Self reliance and other essays by Emmerson
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Vile5

Autobiography (or something like that) by Akira Kurosawa

"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

MacGuffin

Quote from: Vile5Autobiography (or something like that) by Akira Kurosawa

When you're done with that, read this one:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

Quote from: MacGuffin

Yeah, I've eyed that one up at the bookstore a couple of times. But with it being a massive 848 pages, I could never picture myself having enough time to get through it.

So you give it a definite thumbs-up, Mac?

RegularKarate

I don't have cash for a new book and no TX DL for a library card, so I'm re-reading Clockwork Orange slowly (it's so short) until next paycheck, at which point, I will purchase one of Chuck's books because I haven't read any and need to get on this bandwagon fast.
Once I'm done with that, I should have time to read the new version of the Gunslinger and re-read the rest of the series (minus Wizard and the Glass, but just because I don't like that one as a part of the series) just in time to pick the new one.
After that, if I like the Chuck book I select (I think I'll go with Survivor, seems to be a favorite), I think I'm gonna read something really oldschool... like Bram Stoker's Dracula... don't know... I have a huge list of books I need to read, the list, of course gets larger faster than I can read.

Teen Wolf

I just finished a book of collected reviews by Pauline Kael called I Lost It At The Movies. Right now I'm reading a biography of the Spanish architect Gaudi. Next up is a biography of Yukio Mishima, who was a revered writer and master swordsman.

Vile5

Quote from: MacGuffin

yeah! i was looking for that book here in Lima but i can't find it grrrr... i hope going to Spain the next year, Spain is a kind of paradise of books and cheaper than in Peru...
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

***beady***

I'm reading Terry Pratchet...'Sourcery'.

budgie

Quote from: RegularKarateI will purchase one of Chuck's books because I haven't read any and need to get on this bandwagon fast.
... (I think I'll go with Survivor, seems to be a favorite)

I just listened to the latest audioblog from Chuck's Diary tour, which may make a difference to the way you read him. It shouldn't, but oh, how it will. Juicy for all the FC lovers.

http://www.chuckpalahniuk.net/blog.php